Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatever...........soap opera?

It's like if I went in to your work area, and took that picture that's in the backround by your bench and replaced it with one of say, Moms Mabley. It just ain't right.

Hope you didn't misunderstand. You are totally in the right, they are totally in the wrong.

Stay the hell away from my bench. PULEEEEEZE.

Usually the people whining about the line were the neighbors, not our customers. Many didn't like chain link fencing and just didn't want it anywhere. Some even went to the trouble of putting up a wood fence right next to the chain link to block it.

We didn't do wood. Thank goodness. Woods is rotten in 10 years, chain link is forever.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Smile

Jocko's tatoo...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Instead of messing my dog up I just let her train me. The system worked so well that she never tries to dash out the door or run off. People are amazed, but I know she just doesn't want to start over training someone else.
    You sound like my live in Hubby. When we have a dog, he thinks he's a litter mate……His words not mine.
    It's not really that bad, but he is a softy with the dogs. I'm not mean, but the dogs know they can't run me.
    Unfortunately, we are currently dogless, it's very sad but we won't bring a fuzzy friend into our home unless we are able to do our part. Lord willing it will happen again one day. Dogs are amazing!

I think when you own a dog, there's nothing wrong with treating it like a pack member. When they understand that your their pack member, is when the bonding starts. Too many people try to treat them like humans, and that's when the trouble begins. Our new dog loves it up north. All the smells and the forests. We've taken her to the park and the refuge many times, and she's just gets overwhelmed by all of the smells, which are much better than the city. We had a group of turkeys go through the back yard, about 20, and she saw turkeys for the first time. She actually barked, just once, but a bark it was. My wife prefers that she never barks, but barking is natural, so I don't mind. Warning barks would be good. I took her out and she immediately started tracking them. We don't know what she's mixed with, but I think it's some kind of hound dog. Her sniffer will get her in trouble every time. She would make a hell of a tracker or sniffer dog. As far as protection, nah, a sweetheart. It's been going on 2 months now, and she's getting to know the rules pretty well. She's got all the usual's down. Sit, lay down, no, park, walk, paw, dinner. She waits at every door now, until we pass through first. She lays down when we're feeding her, until we say it's ok to eat. When she comes in from outside, she sits and waits until she gets her paws wiped off before she comes upstairs. All in all, she's doing very well. The most surprising thing is how she is growing. When we got her, she was right around 50 lbs. She has filled out and gotten really strong. Her coat looks very healthy now, and her muscles are developing. She is friggen strong. If she doesn't want to move, it takes all of your strength to pull her away. I questioned when the HS said she was about 3 yrs. old. From what we're seeing, I'm saying a year and a half at most. We met a couple who saved a lab when we were at the refuge. A big boy, but a very good boy. They told us about the rescue, and how much they've spent on surgeries for him. Very dedicated owners they are. Since we owned a lab in the past, we understood why they loved him so much. One of the best dogs on the planet. Soft mouths, big hearts, good with people and kids, and good hunters and retrievers. We generally feel it was the right thing to do, rescuing a dog. Those kill shelters down south just have no heart............................................. .................

I have a property dispute with my neighbor. He thinks I own about thirty feet more than I do. It is woods and no fence so I am not about to argue about it. Some day a future owner of his property may want it and will get a few spruce trees I planted that are a few feet on his property, but hopefully they will like the natural barrier and the privacy it affords. If not I still have plenty on my side of the line.

My neighbor found that out last year when he had his survey done. Found out that he'd been mowing a large patch of grass/weeds that belonged to me for years. I told him, if it makes you feel good, keep mowing it. In fact, get a riding mower and do a real good job. He also found out that land that he was told was the other neighbors, was actually his. This is why I had the markers in the first place, so there is NO question.

Well, I did some investigating, and pulled in a favor from my realtor. Found out that the 80 acres of pine and oak woods that sits behind my property has been sold. Hence, the survey. I got the name of the owner, and she passed my number along to him. He called me yesterday, and I explained my signage situation to him. He had a really long first name, I believe it was dumber than a box of rocks. He said that neither he nor his son removed any signs. I told him that I believed him, and was 99.9% sure that the co. he hired to do the survey was the culprit. He lives about 20 minutes away and said that he wanted to come and take a look so he understood what I was talking about. I said fine. He calls me from my property, and I guide him back to the end of the lot. He is now staring at the back of my property. Part of the conversation. " So tell me how I can help you." I said, " do you see the no trespassing sign'? He says, " Yes, the yellow one on the tan post?" I say yes. I tell him to look down to the opposite corner of the lot. He says, " There's a green sign and a pink flag." I said, " Do you see anything else?" " Nope". I say, " Exactly......in that spot was an exact replica of the other sign you're staring at, and now it's gone, along with the neighbors sign." " They were not only trespassing signs, but also lot markers." He says, " There's a green sign with a pink marker from another survey co." I say, " Yes, and it's been moved." I told him that both of us have lost our property markers. Once again, he tells me that he didn't move any signs. I proceeded to ask him if there was something in the water where he lives. He asked why. I told him that it must be the water, because I have to keep repeating myself, and he seemed to have difficulty understanding my native Wisconsin tongue. He says, " Oh, now your going to get sarcastic." I said, " No, I'm being totally serious." He said he would talk to his surveyors and get back to me. He called back, and told me that they said they didn't remove any signs. I said of course they said that. Why do you think I'm talking to you. He said I was getting sarcastic again. He said that they have surveyed thousands of acres for him, and he believes them. I said that's nice. I don't. I said that we've never had a sign issue in years until his survey co. came through. What a coincidence. I told him that I wanted my sign replaced. He hired the co., so he was at least partially responsible. He said that he would talk to his surveyor. I said that you told me you already spoke with them and they denied being responsible. Your going to talk with them again? Why? They've already denied it, so why waste your time. Unless you lied about talking to them the first time, so which is it. I told him that I have a hard time taking someone seriously, when they use their mothers cell phone. It's amazing what you can find out on the interweb. I told him that he didn't have to do anything if he didn't want to. I had pictures of before and after. I told him that I would then have to take a different course. I also told him that the neighbors were not aware of the changes and theft, and he would probably have to deal with them also. He said he was not going to deal with anyone, the survey was complete. I told him once again, that was his decision, but I would be giving the neighbors his info along with the survey co's info. I would also be passing this info to the sheriff's dept., who have taken a theft report and put it on the local crimestoppers. I said all I wanted was my sign replaced. He said he's get back to me................................................ ...............the worst part of the whole thing is that they are going to clear cut all 80 acres, and put in an irrigation field, to grow snap peas, soybeans and potatoes. I told my wife that I now was worried about our water system, because they were going to be sucking water from the neighborhood's water supply. I also told her that they use fertilizer and pesticides, which will also/could leak in to the water supply. When I questioned the owner about the usage, he basically came out and said that 99% of the farmers up there use fertilizer and or pesticides. I don't know how long it takes to clear cut 80 acres, and de stump the area and prepare it for planting, but I have a feeling that my peace and quiet for this summer may be gone. He owns huge dairy farms, and other farms, and I looked up the gov't subsidies he receives for his farms. He's 17th on the list for receiving the most subsides in the area. I hate big ag.........I'm just the little guy. I don't think that others in the area are aware of what's happening............................but I could be eating well The wife, trying to be optimistic says, " Well, what would you rather have, more homes and a neighborhood behind us, or a field with crops?" She had a point...............until next time....................

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I think when you own a dog, there's nothing wrong with treating it like a pack member. When they understand that your their pack member, is when the bonding starts. Too many people try to treat them like humans, and that's when the trouble begins. Our new dog loves it up north. All the smells and the forests. We've taken her to the park and the refuge many times, and she's just gets overwhelmed by all of the smells, which are much better than the city. We had a group of turkeys go through the back yard, about 20, and she saw turkeys for the first time. She actually barked, just once, but a bark it was. My wife prefers that she never barks, but barking is natural, so I don't mind. Warning barks would be good. I took her out and she immediately started tracking them. We don't know what she's mixed with, but I think it's some kind of hound dog. Her sniffer will get her in trouble every time. She would make a hell of a tracker or sniffer dog. As far as protection, nah, a sweetheart. It's been going on 2 months now, and she's getting to know the rules pretty well. She's got all the usual's down. Sit, lay down, no, park, walk, paw, dinner. She waits at every door now, until we pass through first. She lays down when we're feeding her, until we say it's ok to eat. When she comes in from outside, she sits and waits until she gets her paws wiped off before she comes upstairs. All in all, she's doing very well. The most surprising thing is how she is growing. When we got her, she was right around 50 lbs. She has filled out and gotten really strong. Her coat looks very healthy now, and her muscles are developing. She is friggen strong. If she doesn't want to move, it takes all of your strength to pull her away. I questioned when the HS said she was about 3 yrs. old. From what we're seeing, I'm saying a year and a half at most. We met a couple who saved a lab when we were at the refuge. A big boy, but a very good boy. They told us about the rescue, and how much they've spent on surgeries for him. Very dedicated owners they are. Since we owned a lab in the past, we understood why they loved him so much. One of the best dogs on the planet. Soft mouths, big hearts, good with people and kids, and good hunters and retrievers. We generally feel it was the right thing to do, rescuing a dog. Those kill shelters down south just have no heart............................................. .................
    Sounds like you folks are doing a great job with your new dog!! It's a win win deal!

Just think of all of the peas you can can for the winter.