Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charging Handles for Kahr 9mm Pistols NOW AVAILABLE

Quote Originally Posted by TXscooterguy View Post
    Any thought of making it in a stainless steel color to match the slide?
    That isn't in the plans at this point. Thanks though!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

On a Heckler & Koch VP9, the cocking extensions make cocking easier. These are standard with the VP9, but are removable to make the slide thinner. On a VP9, these are two individual wings, held in place by the rear sight, but serve the same purpose. I ultimately removed mine to make the gun more concealable. Even with the VP9's aggressive cocking serrations, and a less strong spring, I thought it would be much easier for anyone with grip weakness to manipulate the slide. If I had not intended to compete with this pistol, and, perhaps, carry it, I would have left these cocking wings in place. (It later occurred to me that only one cocking wing could have been removed to split the difference, and I might have considered that.) If I had a Kahr that was not to be carried concealed, I would consider getting the Lakeline part for ease of use under stress. If grip strength were a concern, it might make sense even for a carry pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarywoody View Post
    I would round the edges more. Seems like it would snag on clothing when drawn.
    This looks like a good idea, but I agree, I think it could potentially cause issues drawing your weapon from concealment, and/or cut into your waistline or other location on your body depending where you carry.

I know this an old thread and probably dumb question but what's the hole on the right side for?

Quote Originally Posted by Gebe View Post
    I know this an old thread and probably dumb question but what's the hole on the right side for?
    I've never handled one of Al's charging handles, but to remove the back plate on a Kahr slide you must depress the rear extractor pin. There's a cut out on the factory plate for this, so I imagine that's what the hole is for on the charging handle.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks Greg! You're always very helpful.

Thanks Greg! You nailed it.
    Al
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Seems like a great accessory, but why none for the 380? Seems they have more trouble than the 9mm.....at least mine did.

Has anyone ever got "slide bite" from those when shooting the gun?

Just installed one. Sure was a pain to install...for me. I could have used a third hand! They must have used a hammer and epoxy to install the stock slide back at the factory as it was a freakin' bear to finally break loose. Also when I made the wire coat hanger tool to hold the guide rod and spring back, I bumped the slide and the tool popped out and the guide rod and spring shot out like a bullet! Took me over an hour to find them as they had shot into the next room!

I'm pushing 70 years old and not as strong as I used to be and this is a real boon to racking the slide for me and I'm glad I went for it. The only criticism I have is I wish the corners were slighly more rounded. Even though they've been rounded somewhat, I think the corners could use more.

All in all it's a really nice accessory for the pistol. It doesn't interfere with holstering in any way and doesn't add hardly any extra girth to the pistol. The only problem that might occur could be if you are wearing the pistol IWB and it was against your bare skin, it could be uncomfortable due to the semi sharp corners.

I have to give a tip of the hat to Al and his company Lakeline. It was easy ordering on his site and my order was shipped super fast. I also ordered a stainless guide rod with the charging handle and it is 1st class and a beautiful piece of work.

Good job Al!