Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Never done this before

Found a new GP100 3" for $490 and could not pass it up. It'll probably be here in about a week, hopefully less.

A good choice, and a good price. A cannon......

There. I think I've satisfied my revolver itch. Just got the GP100 home and put on the Hogue non-finger groove grip, which looks just about perfect and feels great.

And I got some Pachmayr grips for the Speed Six, which also feel and look about perfect. Can't wait to shoot these.

Between these and my SP101 snubbie, they all actually fit in the same Sticky brand holster. Not all at once, of course; that would be silly. My Galco leather belt-slide holster fits both the GP and Speed, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    There. I think I've satisfied my revolver itch. Just got the GP100 home and put on the Hogue non-finger groove grip, which looks just about perfect and feels great.

And I got some Pachmayr grips for the Speed Six, which also feel and look about perfect. Can't wait to shoot these.

Between these and my SP101 snubbie, they all actually fit in the same Sticky brand holster. Not all at once, of course; that would be silly. My Galco leather belt-slide holster fits both the GP and Speed, too.

Have you done any polishing or spring changes.................you CAN make those triggers like butter.....

I'm going to shoot the GP a bunch first before deciding. The trigger feels very good out of rhe box. Slightly heavy, but easy to stage and smoothish.

The Six is slready like butter.

It's been almost a year and the idea in the original post is sorta happening. I've been enjoying the 3" GP100 very much, but the Smith Itch is just too great. I picked up a police trade-in Model 67 (4" .38+P) for $350, and it's amazing. Then I learned that S&W makes a K frame .357 with a 2 3/4" barrel, the Model 66. I have just ordered one.

The Speed Six was driving me nuts, the action was binding a lot. In a pique of frustration I traded it for something, can't remember what it was now. The 66 is almost the exact same size but lighter.

I'm looking for a revolver right now, got the itch...........................looking for a trade, but so far, no takers. I wouldn't mind a 66 myself, or a 60, or an older 586, or a 686, or an SP101. I had a beautiful speed six stainless in 9mm. It was one of those that I NEVER should have sold.

I solved my most recent revolver itch with a Model 15 combat masterpiece. Picked it up from a guy in a powered wheelchair at the last gun show. Very nice trigger, so good that I would not use it for SD, as the single action is like two and a half pounds... Too light with the adrenalin pumping. A touch rough around the edges, but no pitting or unfixable issues. I'll just shoot it as is for now and we shall see what the future brings.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

You won't be cocking the hammer in a SD situation, will you? Unless you're stopping a terrorist 20 yards away or something.

I probably would. I think I was born a 100 years too late or something. If a revolver has a hammer, I'll cock it nearly every time.
    I have to force myself to shoot DA some so I know what it acts like.
    My preference is single action revolvers anyhow so guess it's a good thing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."