Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Never done this before

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    You won't be cocking the hammer in a SD situation, will you? Unless you're stopping a terrorist 20 yards away or something.
    Well, I wouldn't say I plan to go single action in a self defense situation, but what exactly will such a situation be? I have numerous other SD worthy choices, including several (bigger than .38) revolvers. Why risk it?
    It is a fun gun too shoot though and should be popular with any new shooters I take to the range.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

I'd have no issue at all carrying a SA. I do sometimes carry my Birdshead Uberti 45 Colt. One of my favorite guns.
    I don't carry it often but I don't feel handicapped (well guess I always am) with it on my hip.

Don't take much time to pull that hammer back if your accustomed to it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Coming to the realization that I am getting older and should start planning for my visit with 72 virgins, I have recently sold most of my Semi's (kept my German Sig P226 and M11A1, and PM9) in favor of wheelguns which my family understands and will most likely keep after my demise. The plus side of my decision was I have a stash full of cash to finance any new revolver that comes along. In the last couple of months a Kimber K6S and 3"656+ Talo found a new home in my safe.
    Remembering accuracy counts more than round count I have been practicing at 75' with these short barreled gun and finding them to be quite accurate especially the 3" guns which I actually shoot better than the 4" models I have. Yea, I do get called "old school", or "Barney" when I show up at work but when we get to qualifying time...

Although I don't own one, (yet), anybody hankerin' for a wheelgun may want to cast their eyes on the new 2-3/4" barrel S&W K frame in .357 Mod 66 or the Mod 69 L frame in 44 mag. Other than a few quirks in the color of the hammer, ejector rod, and trigger, these would really make a fun all around gun.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

"stash full of cash"

I hope I can experience that someday before they nail the lid shut. I just kept reading it over and over and over.

Run with it buddy, I got your back on this one. Happy for you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, thanks to the North Dakota oil bypass pipeline recently being given the go-ahead by Trump and is now transporting light sweet crude to points east cheaper than before, there will be a little extra green in the gun kitty - at least until y'all start running around in 'lectric cars.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling