Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just received my T9, my first firearm ever

Thumbs up Just received my T9, my first firearm ever

After months of reading about all kinds of pistols from all of the different manufacturers, I finally decide on the T9. I have no intention of using it as a carry pistol, but to use for target practice. I wanted something elegant and refined. I wanted all steel. I was not concerned about the weight. I did have a lot of hesitation from all the folks on the different forums who talk down about Kahr products in general, specifically the long pull of the trigger and the weight of the T9.

Well, I am a newbie and don't know much of anything, but when it came in, my stepson took me to a range for the first time. I was surprised by how smooth it was. I was expecting some massive kick in the recoil and it didn't seem like much at all. He said I did really well at 5 yards and 10 yards. It is going to take me some time to get to the point where I feel competent, but for what it is worth, I have no regrets. I fired 59 rounds, and all shots were within the center 1/3 of the target.

I am excited to spend more time with the T9, but for anyone wondering whether it is worth it, I can say that it is quite a machine. Great looking, fits well in my hand and smooth. Thank you Kahr! It was worth the 3 month wait for a new one to become available.

Just goes to show you......................you can't always listen, sometimes you just have to check it out for yourself.

Agreed. From the very first impressions that I have, which are all that I have, it does not seem like a mistake at all.

Congrats on starting at the top of the heap! Every other gun you shoot will probably seem like cheap junk after the T9.

Thanks. It has a real good feel to it.

I love my MK9, the T9 is nice, the T40 even better. I think that they are the top 3 in the Kahr lineup JMHO of course............................................ ..

Hi Brian,

Congrats on your T9, glad you like it. It's a wonderful gun, one of my nest shooters.
    Haveagoodone!

Tom

Congratulations. Now you are going to want a K9 and Mk9 to add to the collection.

Funny you should say that. I have only had it for a few days, practiced with it once and I am
    already thinking about what a companion would be... probably the K9... since I was focused
    on that for quite a while until I discovered the T.

Spoken from long time experience. However, I don't have a T9 yet.