Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just received my T9, my first firearm ever

Love my T, love my K! Gotta get me an MK next. You will love the gun.

Default My T9

I love my T9 and it shoots equally as well as even some of my "custom" 9mm's. Mine came with the old MMC all steel adjustable rear sight (both windage / elevation adjustable). The sights were 3-dot white sights (not tritium). I sent the rear sight to Steve at ToolTech for installing tritium tubes and bought a front night sight so I'm set now. I do cc my T9 as it's the same size as my S&W 3953TSW but has a longer barrel, better trigger and it's just a tiny bit more accurate. I truly believe you're going to be very impressed with the performance, the shootability and the accuracy of your T9!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
    After months of reading about all kinds of pistols from all of the different manufacturers, I finally decide on the T9. I have no intention of using it as a carry pistol, but to use for target practice. I wanted something elegant and refined. I wanted all steel. I was not concerned about the weight. I did have a lot of hesitation from all the folks on the different forums who talk down about Kahr products in general, specifically the long pull of the trigger and the weight of the T9.

Well, I am a newbie and don't know much of anything, but when it came in, my stepson took me to a range for the first time. I was surprised by how smooth it was. I was expecting some massive kick in the recoil and it didn't seem like much at all. He said I did really well at 5 yards and 10 yards. It is going to take me some time to get to the point where I feel competent, but for what it is worth, I have no regrets. I fired 59 rounds, and all shots were within the center 1/3 of the target.

I am excited to spend more time with the T9, but for anyone wondering whether it is worth it, I can say that it is quite a machine. Great looking, fits well in my hand and smooth. Thank you Kahr! It was worth the 3 month wait for a new one to become available.

Welcome to the GUN club. This forum is a great place to learn and folks are really willing to help.
    Since you are new to guns, I suggest learning to be ultra safe should be your first priority!!

Here are some basic gun safety rules by Col. Jeff Cooper (no longer with us), that are commonly considered some of the best.

Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:

• All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
    • Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. ...
    • Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target. ...
    • Identify your target, and what is behind it.

Jeff Cooper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_CooperWikipedia

Also, always check, before cleaning or doing anything with a gun.. never assume it's not loaded and never, unless they are going to shoot it immediately, ever had anyone a gun you haven't checked just before. The first thing that person is going to do is pull the trigger. I watched a friend hand his new gun to another to 'check out'. He dropped the mag, passed it over. Shortly after, he had a bullet sized hole in his wall and in the next room, a similar hole in the floor. So maybe two rules to add to the above- 1. always check and 2. dumb people are dumb, steer clear of them.

Love my T9. The only thing I do not like and wish Kahr would work on is the sharp edges of the trigger guard.