CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Anyone try the etched baseplates from Kahr?

Default Anyone try the etched baseplates from Kahr?

Just curious if anyone has tried the etched baseplates from Kahr. They have an American flag, Spartan helmet, Don't Tread on Me, and others. They even have a middle finger.

Salty

Massad Ayoob often addresses this along with etched slide cover, dust cover plates, etc.

It is his belief that they can become a real negative if you are defending yourself in court.

Ayoob has a lot more court experience than I do so I will follow his advice when it comes to decorating my carry guns.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Like the gunslinger with notches on his ivory grips and engraved nickel plated SA, the prosecutor will try to paint him as a homicidal braggart. That middle finger baseplate won't go over so well with a jury. IMO, best these days to keep a low profile if you're into guns.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Excellent points. I was thinking the same thing about the middle finger and the Gadsden symbology, especially. Both of those could be used against someone in court easily. I think the middle finger is tacky. The American flag, though, not so sure what a lawyer could say negative about that, but I'm sure they would try. I don't like the idea of putting the American flag on the bottom of anything. Others may disagree, but it seems almost like putting a flag on the floor. I don't have a 9mm or .40 Kahr (yet), so I can't use them, anyway. Just curious what others thought about them.

Salty

That's the whole problem with lawyers. They paint pictures and play with peoples minds to get the results they seek.

I say up with common sense and down with lawyers.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I feel the same way about the American flag. Americans have died for what it represents and my blood boils when I see flag burners. I don't believe the First Amendment was ever written to protect flag desecrating SOBs. More PC BS! If I were sitting in the oval office, those flag burners would be on the way back to their country or origin immediately or Alcatraz Island.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat