CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: New T9... mag springs so tight...

Default New T9... mag springs so tight...

Since this is my first fire arm and I have only had it for a week, perhaps you experts can give me your thoughts. When I took the T9 to the range for the first time, I had a hard time loading more than 3 rounds before the spring was so tight that my thumbs were screaming. This evening, I decided to compress those springs for the first time and I was going to load them up with 8 shells each. I got to six in each and my thumbs are too sore to load anymore. Will these loosen up after a while? If I store them with 6 rounds each for a week, then remove and reload, will this help or does it take dozens of cycles before I see any relief? I don't think I am being a wimp, but perhaps my technique is wrong?

New mags can be a challenge, it takes a lot of practice to get good at hand loading magazines. I think everyone should be able to hand load the mags for an EDC, but for range time I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Maglula-UpLUL...agazine+loader

Works on everything from .380 to .45, single and double stack.
    NRA Benefactor

Wow! That looks amazing. Thanks for the tip. I will keep practicing but this looks well worth the price.

Yes they are worth the price! The one works on all my mags. Takes a little practice, but really saves the fingers.
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

I have never had a problem like yours loading a kahr mag. I would disassemble it & check for an obstruction or even the way the spring is oriented.

Same effort on all three. Not hard to load the first two, but the third, fourth, etc. were nearly impossible for me. I don't think I am a wimp, but who knows. I am going to look into those loaders.

Got the UpLula. Now I can load 24 rounds in three magazines in about 60 seconds as opposed to 6 minutes. What a great tool!

Glad everything worked out. Those Uplula loaders are the bomb.
    NRA Benefactor

After loading and unloading all 3 mags with the Uplula and leaving them fully loaded for a week... I can now load them manually if I want. Those springs needed a little compression. Now I don't feel so weak!