Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: New Fiber Optic Colors!

Default New Fiber Optic Colors!

This was my quest to find a fiber optic color that really makes the front sight stand out. I have a Dawson front sight on my carry gun and the only optic color that they have is red which is the one I always had on and the other color is green, tried the green it was bright but my eyes just didn’t pick it up as well as the red. I always thought orange or yellow might be better but never found them. Well now I found an outfit that carries all different fibers, ordered up one yellow and on orange. Tried the yellow first bright but the same problem as the green eyes just didn’t pick it up then put the orange on what a difference no trouble picking that up. Inside much better than the red and outside it pop right in your line of sight. For the Dawson sights it is .039 fiber you need to get, don’t know about the others but they have a wide selection of sizes. Here are some pics of it. The pictures don’t do justice to what it really looks like, so my new pick is the orange. I just call them up they were nice on the phone and got my stuff in a few days. So if your looking for a brighter fiber give them a call here is the website

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/gu...gun-sights.htm

Attached Images Attached Images
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

It looks great!

About 6 months ago I painted the front sites on both my cw9 and cm9 with a iridescent orange after trying both red and green. My results were the same as yours. "Orange is the new black."
    Women call it "the silent treatment", and they think we don't like it.
    "The more laws, the less justice." Cicero

Cool TRUGLO | TFX Pro on my Ruger LC9s Pro - Seemed like the right thing to do, LOL!