CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front sight fell off

We generally put the word out around here at the department whenever anyone places an order for stuff, not only guns but other equipment too.
    Try to combine orders so we don't take a beating on the shipping cost.

Actually the idea has come up before here on Kahrtalk as well. The downfall is we're spread out all over the country so there's reshipping cost.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I got my replacement front sight in the mail today. Great CS. Now for my next question. How do I install it? Do you melt the new pins in or hit them with a pointed punch to spread them? I've searched everywhere and can't find instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by mpgo4th View Post
    I got my replacement front sight in the mail today. Great CS. Now for my next question. How do I install it? Do you melt the new pins in or hit them with a pointed punch to spread them? I've searched everywhere and can't find instructions.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...4961#post54961
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thank you very much. I'd like to get that done today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help guys. The replacement sight went on great. I red lock tighted it and melted with a soldering iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is an older thread but this exact same thing happened to me recently. Very frustrating and especially with a new pistol.

So far I'm not a big fan of Kahr's customer service. I know folks here swear by their customer service but so far with me, (listed in another thread), it's been iffy. They supposedly sent out a new front sight on 8-18 but I still haven't received it. I know it could be the fault of the U.S.P.S. and it's only been a week but I want to put my gun together and shoot it some more!

I've thought about buying the Trijicon front night sight or the fiber optic sight but I really liked the stock front sight and it also pains me to pay $40.00-$50.00 and almost $10.00 shipping for a gun I only paid $269.00 for.