Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: A&G Gun Leather Belt Review

Default A&G Gun Leather Belt Review

X-Post from northeastshooters

This is a review that is long overdue but as per my other review, I believe that it's important to recognize good workmanship and service. Better late than never but I wanted to thank Al Childress and A&G Gun Leather for putting out fantastic products and doing it with great service. The plus of me putting up this review 6 years later is that I can speak about my experience regarding the longevity of these belts - a testament to their quality.

I've been happily wearing my A&G Gun Leather 1.5" dark brown, nickle buckled, leather belt every day for the last 6 years. It's probably one of the best if not the best belt for OWB or IWB handgun carry. The leather came and was very stiff. While wearing, if I breathed deeply I could feel the belt hold fast against my diaphragm providing tremendous support for my core as well as keeping my handgun in place. The support was an interesting feeling and reminded me of my old powerlifting belt. I probably won't be deadlifting wearing this belt but it is a solid belt. Over the last six years, the belt has formed to my body. The front and back of the belt remain stiff as the day I received it, while the belt curves around my hips in a perfect custom fit - very comfortable.

The belt is 2-ply leather bonded together and reinforced with stitching. The workmanship is incredible. After 6 years, not one thread of the stitching has come loose and the belt remains bonded on all sides. The holes along the belt for the belt buckle have not appreciably stretched out even though my waist size has fluctuated over the years from the third hole to the second hole to the first hole as I've leaned out. I expect this belt to last another 20 years or maybe even my lifetime.

I want to make a note on sizing. When I ordered the first time, I ordered a 34" belt. It turned out that the largest hole allowed for only a 34" waist circumference. I should have contacted A&G before ordering to make sure I had the right size. When I talked to Al about it, without hesitation, he took my belt back and sent me a new one that was sized correctly. Amazing person and amazing service.

If you are in the market for a new belt to hold up your gun and/or pants, I highly recommend you check out A&G Gun Leather.

http://agcustomgunleather.com/produc...leather-belts/

$79 + s&h

Pictures:

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/NICKUS~1/AppData/Local/Temp/enhtmlclip/Image.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by krushed; 08-05-2016 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added price paid

Nice post. Welcome.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Nice post. Welcome.
    Thanks; this is actually my second review. I posted another review earlier today but it seems to be hung up waiting for a moderator to approve it.

Anyway, been a long time lurker and glad to finally contribute something.

I'm kind of new myself. I blessed the earlier review so it should be available as we speak.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm kind of new myself. I blessed the earlier review so it should be available as we speak.
    Thanks sir, dunno what's new about 25,000+ posts but I guess age is nothing but a number .

Just a slow learner I reckon.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by krushed View Post
    Thanks sir, dunno what's new about 25,000+ posts but I guess age is nothing but a number .
    The Colonel must have bought an account with high mileage. It's new to him, LOL. What am I saying? I have to edit half my post because of errors.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

All leather belts end up looking like pic#'s 2 & 5........................leather breaking down, stretched out holes. No offense, you give a good review. Me personally, I will never buy a leather gun belt again. Just for the previous reasons, and price, and if you gain or lose weight, your making new holes, or stretching out old ones. I use a no hole belt. A lot easier, cheaper, and weight gain or loss are no factors in how the belt fits. It's just as stiff as leather, and makes things so much easier. Not dressy enough? Buy black............................................. ....................

I used the same belts for 30 years for work. A belt that went through the pant loops & an outer 2" duty belt held with keepers. The pants belt is pretty worn out the outer belt is still good. I'm old fashioned no plastic guns, holsters or belts. The 2 Kahr gun I own are both mk's.