Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bicycles, what are you all riding?

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    Thanks. All OK now. That was a month ago. 4 miles into a 30 mile ride. I finished the ride.
    Now that's a manly man...I like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronni3_J View Post
    Thanks for the motivation! Woke up early and went for a ride this morning
    Hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Barth;376733[h=2
    38 Minutes 5 Days a Week after weights - LOL![/h]]
    Yeah, I've done those in the past....some of the benefits, but just not the same...more power to ya sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by MW surveyor View Post

There are quite a number of recumbent types as you have found. Greg's is a short wheel base and mine is a long wheel base. The short wheel base can have the crank either in back of the steering (front wheel) or ahead of the front wheel. Turning radius on mine is just about the width of a two lane road! Some are very low to the ground like the trikes and also some two wheeled ones that are low. Trikes come in delta (two wheels in back one in front), tadpole (two wheels in front, one in back).

PS - If it doesn't rain, I'll be on the recumbent from about 5 to 7 pm today and tomorrow from 6 to 9 am!
    Short? Who you calling short? We likes to refer to them as compact long wheel base
    Pedal on brother!

As I admired the bell CJB shared, I'll venture a try at returning the favor. This tail light has worked well for me:

Description from Amazon:

• Powerful 50 Lumen tail light with sop Technology that lets you Independently adjust brightness and flash speeds
    • Steady pulse mode: alert motorists with pulses while lighting the path at night
    • 6 lighting modes: steady > Zoom > steady pulse > triple flash > single flash > random flash ; lasts up to 500 hours on a single Charge
    • Extra compact (55 g) , water resistant, and USB Rechargeable with internal Li-Ion battery
    • Includes tail light, mini USB charging cable, seat post mount, seat stay mount

There's an 80 lumen model available, but I think this one is pretty bright. On predawn rides, I actually aim it down a bit.

Yeah, I stopped to admire the big rooster.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Lots of rock walls round your area huh?

Great photos. Awesome sunrise.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Moved from a GT Karakoram

To a Raleigh Ventur 4.0

The Mt. Bike profile was making my hands go numb and making my shoulders hurt.
    Plus I looked like a monkey trying to make love to a football on a real MT. bike.

The Venture puts me more upright and the bar weight rests on the palms of my hands and not my wrists.

Before Greg introduced the recumbent this was what my wife was preferring.

She prefers to sit more upright with the handle bars higher.

Sit upright, higher bars and lots of gears I believe was her exact words.

That Raleigh is a nice looking bike.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

As I admired the bell CJB shared, I'll venture a try at returning the favor. This tail light has worked well for me:
    Dunno what light I've got. Up front it has hi and low and generally I keep it on low unless I really just can't see. That has happened on the beach at night! But if there's any sort of dwelling or street light, generally low does ok. The back has a "on" and "blinky" and I have no idea of the lumens or such. I bought 'em as a set at Performance bike on close out, mostly because they were _not_ rechargeable but used common AA and AAA batteries. I figured it would be hard tto get stuck that way, since I hardly ever use lights, and would forget about charging them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Lots of rock walls round your area huh?

Great photos. Awesome sunrise.
    Thanks! It was an excellent sunrise
    Most of those walls are made of "Mexican brick". It was extremely inexpensive around here at one time, as was the labor to build it. Many folks like it for the look as well.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

....Guess what boss - The pawn shop I just purchased that $190 CW45 at when I made my introduction to KahrTalk here last week..... is the VERY SAME pawn shop I purchased the Raleigh at very end of March ~ early spring time this year.

I S* you not.
    I tell ya, find a good pawn shop and you can go far in life!

It has a nice thick gel seat and the hand grips have a fat swell off to the outside. They are not round which allows me to put more weight not on my wrists but long bones of my arms

Very very close to my grips, but the ones on the bike are Raleigh branded more cushioned and maybe slightly fatter also.

Allows my fat butt to get out and see the world from NOT behind a windshield.
    I HIGHLY recommend this bike for comfort and a more upright riding position for sure, here is a link of a mega size picture of the ones on the bike.
    (I jacked it from an Electo-Bike mod site, but the grips are the ones I have)

https://electricbikereview.com/wp-co...omic-grips.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Before Greg introduced the recumbent this was what my wife was preferring.

She prefers to sit more upright with the handle bars higher.

Sit upright, higher bars and lots of gears I believe was her exact words.

That Raleigh is a nice looking bike.
    Maybe take a look at an Electra Townie. Crank forward design.
    NRA Benefactor