Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Southerners and the American Civil War

Yes, withholding funds is exactly how the feds have gained control over the schools. In CA the state is using that tactic to force private schools (including religious schools) to comply with anti-religion, anti-free speach "laws". The gov just withholds scholarships and grants from schools they don't like.
    "Love Your Neighbor as Yourself" - Jesus
    "Don't Tread on Me" - The 1775 Gadsden Flag
    "No Stronger Retrograde Force Exists in the World" - Winston Churchill re:Islam

I find it sad and funny that the liberals and blacks want to remove the carving of Lee from Lookout Mountain. They know nothing and choose not to know anything of the mans beliefs and temperament. There are many quotes of Lees condemning slavery. As stated in a previous post, he fought for his home state not for slavery. I guess the more you close off your mind the surer you are you are right.

Yup agreed, that's just spitting directly in the face of history. Ought to be another go around just to save those monuments.

Happening all over, should put a ban on liberals I guess, sadly I think we're out numbered but we do have far better armament and know how.

I think maybe a legal hunting season on them might be the answer. No more than 10 a day.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks for the insight folks. It makes a little more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Yup agreed, that's just spitting directly in the face of history. Ought to be another go around just to save those monuments.

Happening all over, should put a ban on liberals I guess, sadly I think we're out numbered but we do have far better armament and know how.

I think maybe a legal hunting season on them might be the answer. No more than 10 a day.
    And now you understand the passion for "the right kind of gun control" and how it can be translated later to "the little people control"...

What they don't ever seem to get is, I'll resist them with a bow and some well place arrows if it comes to that.

No one shall tell me what to do or how to think, I'll cover that for myself.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    IMO, many Southerners would be happy if it were Richmond, VA.
    That's great - y'all can have it. We have enough homegrown crooks here in Austin without importing hundreds more from the other 49 states.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    OK, then the question is, would it make a difference if the Capitol were in Richmond VA?
    It could be in DC, Richmond, Atlanta, or Anywhere, USA. It makes no difference to me as long as the govt. stays out of my hair and quits trying to dictate how I live my life. If I want to drink a 64 oz. fountain drink it's MY business. If I want to eat fried food three times a day, it's MY business. Now regarding North versus South: Why do they make fun of how I talk and why do they believe that all southerners are rednecks who make their living carrying 100 lb. sacks of sugar through the woods? NOW I'm fixin' to go rebuild my still that blew down during last night's thunderstorm.
    Women call it "the silent treatment", and they think we don't like it.
    "The more laws, the less justice." Cicero

Good luck on the rebuild, wish I was there to give you a hand. I really do.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Baklash View Post
    It could be in DC, Richmond, Atlanta, or Anywhere, USA. It makes no difference to me as long as the govt. stays out of my hair and quits trying to dictate how I live my life. If I want to drink a 64 oz. fountain drink it's MY business. If I want to eat fried food three times a day, it's MY business. Now regarding North versus South: Why do they make fun of how I talk and why do they believe that all southerners are rednecks who make their living carrying 100 lb. sacks of sugar through the woods? NOW I'm fixin' to go rebuild my still that blew down during last night's thunderstorm.
    That was where I was headed with that question. Is the animosity because DC is up north and Southerners feel like the North is still dictating to the South? My take is that the Fed is the Fed. But if drinking age legislation came out of Richmond would that make it any more palatable?

Why do people think it's all 100 lb. bags of sugar for stills and alligator hunting? That's what people see on TV. Don't you all live on ranches?

Quote Originally Posted by Baklash View Post
    Now that we're talking about sugar and fixins I will, admit that I saw 2 old guys and an old lady just out of the woods in front of me at the local walmart here in AL carrying out 2 - 50lb. bags of sugar and packs of yeast. My daughter thought they were going to do some baking and I had to tell her they ain't making cakes.

That being said the only moonshine I ever drank was in Canada so it isn't just a southern thing.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/