Xssights   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: New House Gun SD9VE

Default New House Gun SD9VE

Yesterday, I traded my Llama XI-A 9mm in on a S&W SD9VE. I couldn't get the Llama reliable enough to trust it and it only held one more round that my CW9 with the 8 round mag.

Took the SD9VE to the range today and fired 100 rounds without any issues other than the fact that I can't get the sixteenth round into the mag. I chose the SD9VE because many reviews compared the trigger to the Kahr, it has the same manual of arms, and the grip angle is the same as the CW9. The trigger isn't as smooth as a Kahr, but it is similar. I think it will serve me well.

Nice. I've seen those for sale around here and they seem to be pretty popular and a good value.

I think thats the gun that a guy who worked for me bought some trigger springs for and it smoothed it out a lot. You might check the internet and see if thats the case if you're up to it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Nice. I've seen those for sale around here and they seem to be pretty popular and a good value.

I think thats the gun that a guy who worked for me bought some trigger springs for and it smoothed it out a lot. You might check the internet and see if thats the case if you're up to it.
    yes the SD series is a great product for the money & a even better score when you can get them used for $250 or under, i have owned both the 9 & 40 ran many different brands of ammo through both stock without any issues.
    yes Apex makes a spring kit for $20 that makes a noticeable difference, i had the springs put in both of mine & called it a day with nothing else having to be done for a cheap & satisfying upgrade.
    they also have the full flat face trigger upgrade in which i tried @ LGS just to see the difference between just the springs & also with the trigger upgrade, save the extra $75 on the trigger upgrade & put that towards more ammo to go out & enjoy yourself more often.

RolandD: good choice on the trade in for high cap mags along with a quality product.
    BOB

The trigger smoothed out considerably after only a hundred rounds. I'm patient enough that I think I'll wait until I have 500 rounds or so through it before considering the spring upgrade. My wife is upset that it racks so easy compared to her CT380.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    The trigger smoothed out considerably after only a hundred rounds. I'm patient enough that I think I'll wait until I have 500 rounds or so through it before considering the spring upgrade. My wife is upset that it racks so easy compared to her CT380.
    no doubt just like any new gun they all ease up on you after a few rds, yeah the SD is very user friendly for anyone.
    BOB

Good if you are happy.

very nice pistol for the money....My son picked up a SD 40 VE a while back for $299.00 at a gun show and so far it's been perfect and while the trigger is a little gritty at first it does smooth up quite a bit with rounds down range.....IMHO the SD line is the best value on the market....Apex does make a kit for your gun but I would suggest that you buy a couple extra magazines and a bunch of ammo and shoot the mess out of it....Good luck with yours!