Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop

Thread: Conference Calls

Thumbs up Conference Calls

Friday is often an at-home office day meant to catch up on stuff from the previous week. Instead it typically ends in a string of boring-a$$ conference calls. What does this have to do with Kahrtalk you ask? Gives me plenty of time to catch up on my posts. Hey, they want me to multi-task right?
    ​O|||||||O

Always hated conference calls myself. Thankfully, haven't had to do one since I retired in '08.

I detest conference calls! It's usually some "sit on their ass guy" justifying his/her job! 99% of them don't amount to sh!t.

^^^ yep
    ​O|||||||O

Our office was geographically fragmented/split. Divisional weekly tag ups were a necessary norm. Video conferencing for most/anything serious and that wasn't bad. Most of us traveled a lot and it beat the hell out of even more commercial air seat time.
    NRA Benefactor

For me it's windhield time. So I welcome a break. I just hope there's no pop quiz on monday...
    ​O|||||||O

We just have a conference call for our sales meeting each Monday morning. They're well run and well structured with this company. Previous employers... not so much.

We only have in person meetings which I think are to show me what Hell will be like.

8 Violets and me. Usually the chatter is fingernail polish and hair conditioning. Last one, first comment was the supervisor who wasn't present is getting a divorce and she's very upset. If she seem upset it's not because of us.
    I explained that was none of our business, I didn't care in the slightest and my time is being wasted.
    Inside I was thinking, she's 300 lbs with 500 lbs of ego, that's a lot of weight to throw around.
    I get along ok with her, actually went to school with her since grammar school, she was voted mostly likely to amount to nothing.

Fortunately they don't have as many meetings as they used too. They know I hate meetings, just make me go so they can exercise their boss powers. Usually can't hear a word anyhow so I'd get about as much out of a conference call.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."