Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Forum and New CT380

Default New to Forum and New CT380

Hello Everyone -

I recently purchased my first Kahr, a CT380. Took it out of the box, stripped it, cleaned it, and put it back together. I then cycled the gun 3 to 4 hundred times (sounds worse than it is ... I just racked it (clip out) 25 or 30 at a time over a couple of hours) and took it to the range today for the "break in".

Range Report -

20 PMC Bronze (90gr) - couldn't get through more than 4 or 5 rounds before the gun jammed. Out of three different types of ammo, I started with these. After the second jam, I was starting to worry about the concerns on the little kahr 380s from the internet. But, I switched ammo and ...

50 Herter's Select Grade (95gr - I think it's a Cabela's house brand) - no issues.

200 Sig Sauer "Elite Performance Ammunition" (100gr fmj 910 ft/sec) - no issues.

I was really pleased with the way the gun handled. Hard plastic grip is a little rough on my hand, but I've ordered Talon grips (rubber) and we'll see if it sorts the problem.

My son, 15, who weighs about 100lbs soaking wet, fired about 30% of the rounds. No issues once we put away the PMCs.

Now I just need to find the "right" carry holster :-)

Great that you found reliability! Welcome to the place.
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

Welcome. Little guns can be picky with the ammo.

My CT380 won't run WWB at all, but love Federal & Hornady CD. It's my EDC gun.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Welcome. The CW380 is my Daughter's carry pistol. Uses XTP (Precision One) for carry. Lawman always seems to run the best in hardball.

From my recent post about the 100% flawless performance I got from my new CW380:

"This is an awesome little Hybrid Appendix-carry AND Tuckable IWB holster made my MDJ Holsters. It has adjustable retention, but they also make one without that costs a little less. The price is great, it fits and carries (and conceals!) really well, and their delivery via ebay auction is less than 1 week. (That is now my 3rd MDJ Holster, as I like them a lot and they are a great value for the $$.)"

I think that little holster is awesome, and it's worth checking out, although your CT's barrel may extend a little out the bottom -- or check if they can make a longer holster cup for you. The Pachmayr rubber grip-sleeve works really well too.

Tight groups!

Old No7

"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Is the holster open at the bottom? It looks closed off ... I don't mind if the barrel extends as long as the trigger is fully covered.

I dropped a quick email to MDJ Holsters asking about direct support for the CT380 ... I'll let you know what comes back.

From MDJ Holsters:

Hi there,

We will add it to our line as soon the mold will be released by the manufacturer.

Regards,
    John

Get a few hundred rounds through it and that PMC stuff and others that balk now might just work fine and dandy.

Just takes a full power load to break these tight puppies in.
    There are some bullet shapes of course that don't seem to be compatible so I could be wrong.

Glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome to the forum and to the Khar 'club.'

Thanks for the great range report!