Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've have had my PM9 for a week and I'm selling it.

Default I've have had my PM9 for a week and I'm selling it.

Ok, so clickbate to the max. Please excuse. Hope you enjoy the message.

My PM9 cleared NICS 'delayed' last Saturday. I bought it having never seen a PM9 and I am very impressed. The size is great!!! The grip fits my hand well. Not a bad looking piece. Carries well. Overall, very happy.

So the other day I am having lunch with a friend of mine. He had a Concealed Permit in the past but after both of his handguns went missing (step-son) he has not had a handgun and let it lapse. He of course wanted to see my new toy so we had a look at it in the car after lunch.

He really, really liked it. Perfect size, excellent caliber, fit his hand well and he knows me well enough to know that I did my homework before buying it. He was so impressed with it he persuaded me to sell it to him.

I had a back-up so to speak. The day after I bought mine I ran across another PM9 that was advertised as "As new in the box" plus had night sights. I told him that if I could make a deal on this one, I would sell my 'old' LOL one to him.

I called the seller and sure enough, it was still available. He said that he had sold it to a long time customer who had it for just a short time and traded it back in for something (I forget what) else and had probably never fired it.

Should be here by the end of the week and hopefully NICS will not delay me this time. They seem to be on an every other time rotation so I am due for a proceed.

I am especially pleased with how well the PM9 carries. I bought a box of left handed holsters from a member here and am working my way through them. I have been trying a CrossBreed mini-tuck and another horsehide/kydex one of the same design. They are generally more comfortable than the kydex only, one clip type but they seem to ride a bit lower and the muzzle end of the holster rubs my hip when I sit or drive. Standing, they are fine. I fiddled a bit with the adjustments but they still rub a bit when sitting/driving. I have been wearing all of them at the 9 o'clock position. They conceal perfectly under a Hawaiian shirt. I tried 7:30 but the CrossBreed was hard to draw and the kydex one hurt my back when sitting/driving.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

"Clickbate".
    That's just ugly man!!

"I called the seller and sure enough, it was still available. He said that he had sold it to a long time customer who had it for just a short time and traded it back in for something (I forget what) else and had probably never fired it."

That line sounds so familiar... its like it coulda been me when I was working retail in the gun trade. Some things never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbgt View Post
    "Clickbate".
    That's just ugly man!!
    Like shooting your alligator suitcase.

That's just mean!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

I use one of the one clip kydex holsters, and when driving, just slide it over to the first pants loop, appendix style, and it's comfortable.

I should clarify a bit. The muzzle is poking me in my upper leg when sitting rather than rubbing my hip as I described before. It seems to ride lower on my body than the kydex clip version does.

I have slid it a bit further back to more like the 8:30 position (I'm left handed. ) and that seems to have helped.

It is great having two of the kydex hybrid holsters, a CrossBreed Super-Tuck and a Tops Blades horsehide. They are very similar so I can make an adjustment and swap them, leaving one in the old position for comparison.

I use Cook's kydex..................I move them towards center/appendix, or move them back to, for me, the 3:30 position when driving. Pretty comfy...................I use a tuckable IWB for my Kahr, along with a pocket holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    "I called the seller and sure enough, it was still available. He said that he had sold it to a long time customer who had it for just a short time and traded it back in for something (I forget what) else and had probably never fired it."

That line sounds so familiar... its like it coulda been me when I was working retail in the gun trade. Some things never change.
    I guess the peddling trade draws liars.
    Hello, Vinny. It's your Uncle Bingo. Time to pay the check!

If you have any of those lefty holsters you end up not liking, PM me and we may be able to work something out. Thanks!