Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding old members

Default Finding old members

With AirRet's recent return I started wondering about other absent members of late.

I sent an email to Melissa and gosh durned if she didn't respond within just a few minutes.
    She's been absent since June 2014???????

She's doing fine, still shooting competition and working for like a police supply outfit.

Told her to stop in and say hi to everybody.

I think we all need to wake up some of the old members that have drifted or neglected us, get em back in the fold so to speak.

Hopefully they aren't seeing other people ya know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Chrish came back recently to sell a couple guns...that was cool. He always has a good perspective on things.
    ​O|||||||O

It's great to be back!!

Due to your explanation and medical difficulties with your funny bones, I've issued an excused absence. No penalties or extra homework this time.

Do let us know if you can should there be issues in the future. We can all try to figure out a way to type without bending your elbows or something.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I really appreciate that!
    I even called called Kahr when I was having issues with reconnecting and was able to type, but they told me they had nothing to do with the forum!! Maybe there should be a way for those of us who want to reconnect and are having issues to have a fail safe method to fix the problem (I'm sure I went through the "lost" password program at least 30 times…seriously). Sorry to be so backwards, but I've missed you folks and have been lurking!

I just PM'd you my email address's, I'll do this for anybody that wants a back up, I'm sure Greg would do the same.

If you activate your emails on the forum, members have an option available to contact you if your not visiting the forum.
    You have to go to settings and tell it it's ok to accept emails from members, otherwise it isn't an option.
    Actually same with PM's, you control who can contact you.

As I understand it Kahr endorses/supports this forum, the only forum they endorse but they don't control it. Our beloved administrator JohnH wears that hat. Speaking of which I ain't heard a word from him in a very long time, I better rattle his cage and make sure all is ok.
    Schools fixing to start up again and that's his go crazy busy time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I'm still around if anybody is concerned.

Pretty much tapered off doing any kind of posting on forums since my triple bypass in 2013 but have been lurking from time to time.

Have a project in progress with the neighbor next door since his mother died about 2 months ago. Son is 30 years old and never held a job because his mother did not think he could hold one down. His father died when he was 4 years old and I've watched him grow up. Good kid but somewhat slow on the uptake. Special ed and all of that entails. He has been a work in progress for my wife and I. We've helped him clean up his house and I've installed a range/oven and dishwasher as he/they did not have a serviceable oven for nearly 25 years or a dishwasher for the same time. Fixed a hot water leak that was under the house slab. That had been leaking for at least two years. I've got him removing sheet rock where water damaged as well as carpeting and trim work. He is going to get a plumber to do a re-route to remove the plumbing supply lines from under the slab and also get someone to replace the sheet rock and doors where necessary.
    He now has a minimum wage job and is now relatively happy with his situation. One of the good things is that the house had been paid off a long time ago so he has no rent or house payments to make.

Well I could go on with this but just to let you guys know, I'll be checking in from time to time.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

MW surveyor,
    Good to hear from you and thanks for the update
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by MW surveyor View Post
    I'm still around if anybody is concerned.

Pretty much tapered off doing any kind of posting on forums since my triple bypass in 2013 but have been lurking from time to time.

Have a project in progress with the neighbor next door since his mother died about 2 months ago. Son is 30 years old and never held a job because his mother did not think he could hold one down. His father died when he was 4 years old and I've watched him grow up. Good kid but somewhat slow on the uptake. Special ed and all of that entails. He has been a work in progress for my wife and I. We've helped him clean up his house and I've installed a range/oven and dishwasher as he/they did not have a serviceable oven for nearly 25 years or a dishwasher for the same time. Fixed a hot water leak that was under the house slab. That had been leaking for at least two years. I've got him removing sheet rock where water damaged as well as carpeting and trim work. He is going to get a plumber to do a re-route to remove the plumbing supply lines from under the slab and also get someone to replace the sheet rock and doors where necessary.
    He now has a minimum wage job and is now relatively happy with his situation. One of the good things is that the house had been paid off a long time ago so he has no rent or house payments to make.

Well I could go on with this but just to let you guys know, I'll be checking in from time to time.
    Worthwhile project indeed! Well done!
    ​O|||||||O

MW surveyor,
    Nice to know your doing OK.