Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customized CM9

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ I had to do the internet helpdesk thing over the phone with a customer today. We got through it. But it reminded me of a comedy skit I watched years ago.

The PM is looking good there Colonel. Looks like you wore out a couple soldering irons on all that stippling.
    It actually went quite fast once I built up my nerve and got a feel. I bet not over 20 minutes.

Real easy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Stippling

Quote Originally Posted by Penguini View Post
    Hi all,
    I customized my CM9 by stippling the grip!
    It's amazing the difference that makes. I use a cheap soldering iron with a sharpened tip...it does take time but if you go slow, you can control how deep you want the "dots"...slower=deeper, sharper edges. You don't want to make a cheese grater out of it, but just to rough it up. I did my Walther PPX and Shield, also. It would be a great way to earn a few bucks, doing other guys' stippling for them if they don't want to risk messing it up or don't have the time. Keeping it all the same depth is bit tricky but it pays off. You DO have to be very careful to stay in the border or it looks bad, but I built models for years and learned to do so when I was 10, painting tiny parts and camoflage on airplanes...