Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whacked In The Forehead (Or Worse) By Brass

Cool Whacked In The Forehead (Or Worse) By Brass

Hi all,
    I was shooting my CW45 last week and was not wearing a hat (will do from now on!). I caught an ejected case between my glasses and eyelid... it put a pretty good welt there. My face had a swollen eyelid and all. Has anyone else had this problem? My CM9 doesn't do this. Wish I could tune the ejector to throw off to the side.
    Thanks!

The CW/P and CM/PM do it more until broken in. Then they hurl empties like a brassnado.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguini View Post
    Hi all,
    I was shooting my CW45 last week and was not wearing a hat (will do from now on!). I caught an ejected case between my glasses and eyelid... it put a pretty good welt there. My face had a swollen eyelid and all. Has anyone else had this problem? My CM9 doesn't do this. Wish I could tune the ejector to throw off to the side.
    Thanks!
    Was this happening at random or on the last round?
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

My PM 45 hits me in the face if my grip gets the least bit careless. Firm grip and meaningful stance and I have no problems.

Probably not a lot to be done to the ejector but you might be able to adjust the extractor a bit. Shorten the little rod just a bit.
    Might inspect the extractor itself and make sure it's profiled correctly with no burrs or rounded off edges etc.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Happens occasionally. I just shake my head until it falls out.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Heh, I've got brands by Federal, Winchester and Starline in places I couldn't show you...
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

My Cm45 does it occasionally, never paid any attention when it happens. Kinda laugh it off. Guess I'll cuss it when one goes down my shirt......
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

I've talked about this before, but when I got my brand new Black PM45 with NS back in March 2010, I had trouble with it the first time out, but I did get some shooting done. The brass was hitting me on the forehead pretty regular. I wasn't too bothered by it. After the range I went to Wal-Mart and walked all over the store before going home. First trip to the bathroom I noticed my forehead looked like someone had stubbed about a pack of ciggies out there... little black marks! People at Wal-Mart must have wondered WTF? Now I wash up before leaving the range.

That's when I started wearing my Kahr cap and with the bill as low as possible over my shooting glasses. My PM45 went back 5 times and the only original part is the slide stop pin/lever... three slides, total... second one was crap... couldn't even read the lettering on the side. They did send me two new slide stops that I returned because they were SS and mine was black.

I've had problems with the mags splitting twice, then the third time... and then the springs failing or being the wrong size... quite a history for Boomer, AKA Franken-Boomer. It took a new frame for them to get the magazines to stop splitting on the upper rears... then I had some more of that a year or so later and back it went.

I hope this new black P40 doesn't give me any trouble. I need to test it with my carry ammo and make sure the night sights are good. They work pretty well with my LaserLyte practice cartridge.

I've learned one thing... well many, but when I got to shoot .45 ACP, I need to wear shoes and socks. The .45 brass hurt when they hit my feet and can cut when they land mouth down... sharp... can cause bleeding! I still wear clogs sometimes, though. It's Florida!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Why is it woman at a range seem to have the extraordinary ability to catch them in their cleavage? (Ouch)
    I think they place a magnet in there....
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Are you right, or left handed. Because of where the ejection port is, a left handed shooter has a greater chance of brass hitting them in the face.
    That being said, I shoot left handed (I switched in 2011) and I only have one gun that throws brass in my face, it's my Boberg 9mm.