Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody not see this coming?

Default Anybody not see this coming?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-...D=ansmsnnews11

Judge rules that's it's ok to deny gun purchases to holders of medical marijuana ID cards.

Even though it legal in Wa, Or, and California now it's still illegal on the Federal Level.

Surprise, surprise, surprise.................
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

if your medical records are protected by HIPPA laws for privacy, how would the G know you have a med mary card in the first place?
    I am the Living Man

Excellent question.

First they came for the dopeheads. I didn't do drugs, so I said nothing...

Can I see your ID?

Yes, here's my medical weed card.

Sorry, no sale.

~~~

On a similar note.... my local MC Rights, Safety and Education group is a legal corporation, and for six years or so, I was the Executive Secretary for that corporation. We had to change the signature cards at the bank (BofA), because we had two new corporate officers. BofA gave us such a hard time, we told 'em to pound sand, and we marched across the street to PNC bank. Yes, we were all wearing filthy jeans, biker boots, sweaty black tshirts and our vests, along with generous amounts of biker bling, doo-rags and such. And we all were packin' our carry items of choice.

Well the lady at PNC took us in right away, and got us to a bank official to help with the new account and transfer of the old account's funds. Ok.... so I need to see your drivers licenses. Five driver's licenses hit the ladies desk. And another form of ID please? Five Florida concealed weapons permits hit the desk. The lady at the bank freaked out. We just laughed. She got up and went to her boss, came back, and we finished the transaction. We didn't coordinate the use of the 2nd ID, it was just something that happened, but it a memorable moment.

So, if the lady wanting her firearm whipped out her Medical Weeders Card as ID, to be funny or serious, she deserves what she got!

A few years ago the VA offered to help me get a medical marijuana card. I said no thanks.
    If I said yes I wonder if they would be looking for a good home for my guns.

Over the past 6 months they have sent me two letters asking me how many gun locks I would like. I just tear them up!!!

Good for you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    if your medical records are protected by HIPPA laws for privacy, how would the G know you have a med mary card in the first place?
    It is a question on the 4473.

e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana.............

Marijuana is not legal at the federal level, even if prescribed and the 4473 is a federal document.

If you have a Medical marijuana card and use marijuana, even if only when medically appropriate, but answer no on this form, you will have committed a felony. It is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

For the record, I am completely convinced of the medial properties of marijuana and believe that it should be legal when prescribed. I also believe that the overwhelming majority of Medical marijuana cards are a complete scam. I am not particularly opposed to legalization of marijuana even though I don't think it is such a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Let's see. Privacy. Privacy. What is that????

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

ATF came out with a letter a few years ago to all FFL holders. It said that we cannot sell a firearm to anyone who tells us they use medical marijuana. So don't tell your FFL that you use. If he/she still sells you that gun, their breaking the law and could lose their FFL.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets