Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off On A Road Trip....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Off On A Road Trip....

....tomorrow am. Two plus weeks. Maine for 30th anniversary of how the hell did this happen thingy with wife, then drop by my sister's place in PA for a few days on the way back. I drive and wife flies, so it's like three vacations in one....for both of us.

The fly in the ornaments, fer me anyway, is hotel lobbies and radio Trump first thing in the morning...followed by Clinton...followed by Trump...followed by...rinse and repeat. Doesn't help I listen to NPR onna road.

Anyway I'll be gone for awhile and fer those who always counsel against public postings of travel plans....please PM me before 10 am MDT Friday for address where we can be not at gun point easily house robbed.
    NRA Benefactor

When I go on long multi-state drives, I listen to a book on CD, works great. You can borrow from a local library or buy one at Cr@cker Barrel. Once you buy one usually around 40-45 dollars. You can swap it out at another Cr@cker Barrel, they deduct 3.50 per week. Beats listening to NPR all the time. Every now and then I get a really good book, and sit in the parking lot waiting for a good spot to stop. At the end of your trip, you can turn the book in and get your balance back.

Anyway, have a safe trip.

For some reason, I had to change the spelling in Cr@cker Barrel, otherwise it was all ******.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    When I go on long multi-state drives, I listen to a book on CD, works great. You can borrow from a local library or buy one at Cr@cker Barrel. Once you buy one usually around 40-45 dollars. You can swap it out at another Cr@cker Barrel, they deduct 3.50 per week. Beats listening to NPR all the time. Every now and then I get a really good book, and sit in the parking lot waiting for a good spot to stop. At the end of your trip, you can turn the book in and get your balance back.

Anyway, have a safe trip.

For some reason, I had to change the spelling in Cr@cker Barrel, otherwise it was all ******.
    Agree, audio books are neat for road trips.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Throw everybody off....leave a shotgun sitting by front door.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Throw everybody off....leave a shotgun sitting by front door.
    Hey, isn't that a Kodiak double rifle? I wouldn't mind having one of those puppies...wouldn't mind at all
    A somewhat matching howdah pistol would be nice as well: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...=1#post3372812

ltxi,
    Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I think so, not my gun, they are sweet.
    "Life Member NRA"

It is sweet, I want one two. We best start shopping for one of them 2 for the price of one deals.

That's gorgeous.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

have a safe trip and enjoy. Post pix later
    I am the Living Man

Well, you would get two barrels!

Good luck, Itxi! Wifey and I got together at Loring AFB in March '87 after being apart for a year... married March '86, too. Congrats, if appropriate!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I spent 31 years with the same woman as of last Wednesday. Tomorrows her birthday, scratch that off the list and I think I'm good till Christmas.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."