Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3% of Americans own half of all the guns

Default 3% of Americans own half of all the guns

Interesting survey, but I doubt everyone would actually tell a stranger how many guns they own

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016...guns/21475306/

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Ugh..... A Londonstan news paper, The (guns are disgusting and so are their owners) Trace and a Public Health firearms researcher published a hit piece on guns.

Sounds more like it should've ended with ... walked in to a bar.

I'm not going to waste my time of such tripe. Unless they're advocating redistribution of guns so I can have more, then scroom.

Slugnutty, you forgot "deplorable".

After I looked at my state, I know it's a crock.....................................

OK, so what? How the ________ do they even know?

Also why does anyone care?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

265 million guns in America, half are owned by 3 percent of the population, that still leaves 132.5 million guns out there. The US population is 335 million.

Of course you have to realize these numbers came from AOL. All I can say is I have mine, and I'm officially a 3 percenter!!! Someone should make up a teeshirt!!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

An average of 17 guns for what demographic I didn't catch, nor care. I guess I'm undergunned since I don't have quite that many. I have to let guns go to get more guns. I can't support a large "stable" but I like choices and backups. My Kahrs are for CC and my Glocks are for home defense and more firepower.

It's expensive to keep them fed, too. I did some inventorying and decided that I needed to re-stock my center-fire ammo supplies for the next couple of years... approaching 6k rounds in the last two months... not including .22LR. I scored some Stingers at Walmart for $6.47 a box... got 3. And I bought a brick of Blazer .22LR at Shooters for $34.95... could have bought more, too, but already have a bunch. Shooters had a lot of .22 and no real limit. The prices were like what you would find at Walmart, too. Those 325-round Federals were only $21.95 a box and Mini-Mags were $9.99 a hundred.

I didn't mean to turn this into an ammo discussion. :-D I went to a gun show here Saturday and prices were still high with varying markups.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I keep telling myself I "need" one conceal carry pistol and one full size, and that's all. Then it gets to be like Steve Martin in The Jerk.

I don't need anything!

Except this. This ashtray. That's the only thing I need is this! I don't need this or this! Just this ashtray! And this paddle game. The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game and the remote control. That's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, these matches the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray... ...this paddle game, the remote control... ...and the lamp, and that's all I need. And that's all I need, too! I don't need one other thing! Not one. I need this. The paddle game, the chair... ...the remote control and the matches, for sure. What are you looking at?