Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Wolff spring question

Default Wolff spring question

Will Wolff recoil springs for the PM9 fit the CM9?

Yes

What is the benefit of the Wolf spring over the stock Kahr spring? Just thought I'd sneak it in this post instead of starting a new one.

Wolff springs can be purchased cheaper usually.

My original Kahr spring lasted a little over 300 rds before it started causing trouble. The Wolff spring I replaced it with has had a little over 400 rounds and going strong. I know they are all supposed to be Wolff springs so it's interesting. Maybe just a difference from one spring to another?

The original springs in your Kahrs are made by Wolff. Just sayin.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

interesting comments about CM9 recoil springs; my CM9 must be a freak in that it still using the original spring/recoil assembly it came with it has between 2000/3000+ cycles and seems to be as robust as day one.

this is my EDC & competition gun for IDPA BUG and so far hasn't shown any reluctance to eject or go to battery, still a chore to lock slide back sometimes .

I do have a complete recoil assembly as a spare in my range bag for when the time comes to change. will post when it starts to fail.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

When I first got my PM9 in 2011, Kahr told me that a carry gun spring should be changed after 1,200 rounds.
    I follow that advise, my life is worth it, however, after a couple hundred round on the new spring (just to make sure all is good) when I go to the range I swap out the spring and shoot with the old one. My old spring has 3,000+ rounds and has never failed……just saying.

That's an excellent plan AIRret.

I'm not big on replacing them myself. I figure the gun will tell me or give me a sign that it needs a new one.

One downfall to owning many guns (before the Tsunami that is) is it's hard to keep track of how many rounds go through each. I've tried over the years diligently but always failed.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The advantage of buying Wolfe springs, is that they sell springs for many guns. So for one shipping charge, you get springs for your Kahr, your Colt, Your Glock, and anything else you might own.
    NRA Benefactor