Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CM9 after market sight questions (whats everyone using)

Default Kahr CM9 after market sight questions (whats everyone using)

So i picked up a kahr CM9 last week and love the gun but want to replace the front sight atleast if not both. Im not a fan of night sights most of the time but this gun will be used for my every day CC. So im thinking a front night sight and a blacked out rear or a night sight on the rear to. I had seen the front night sight on the Kahr site but while ordering sights for my competition gun i seen Dawson precision offer sights for the CM9. So im thinking about going with there sights because IMO there the best. I just cant decide what rout to go. I dont mind the Kahr rear sight and thought about just doing a front night sight, that would be the cheapest rout. But love the look of the rear Dawson sight so im also considering going with either the blacked out rear or the night sight rear. I really dont like a 3 dot setup for quick targets but from the looks it dont seem the rear dots would be noticeable till night. What are you thoughts and opinions on this? I would like to hear from people that have used this setup or use other sights that you think may be better for a day/night setup. I plan to train alot with the gun so if i ever need it its 2nd nature. Thanks for any help i can get!! Im excited to get this gun in my CC rotation. I have 200rds with no malfunctions but have to hit the 600-1k mark before i trust it.

I have the three dot Trijicon sights from the Kahr website on my CW9 and CW45. I've been pleased with them.

When I had a CM9, I went with a Trijicon front sight (again from Kahr) and just removed the paint from the rear sight (used acetone). This set up also worked fine.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks for your reply. I think im liking the front night sight and factory rear sight. Please anyone else post pics or give me thoughts.

My PM9 came with trijicon 3 dot night sights just like gb6431's, and I'm very happy with them.

after using the same eyes for 73years, I went to the fiber optic sights on my PMJ9 and had kahr install them for me. I love them, at least I can see them real good. They are very fast acquisition for me, although can';t honestly say it has made my shooing better but maybe a tad better. I put um on my Glock 43 and they helped big time. Dawson fiber optic and was able to install them myself.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Thanks for the coomments guys keep em coming if anyone has anything else. Jocko you have 34k on a pm9? What all have you had to replace? I have wondered about longevity do to the small back rails and how tiny the gun is.

XS sights is another option. Many like the big dots, I prefer the standard dots w/ white stripe rear. I have them on a number of my pistols. One of the more expensive options for kahrs; have to send in your slide for factory installation or have a dovetail cut.

After not having much luck with Kahr nite sights, twice. They only had a half life 4-5 years, vials too small ?

We finally figured out that for us these Kahrs were e.d.c. and didn't really need nite sights. I have a 1911 for home defense, and she has a Glock 17 with Tru Glows.

So we decided on our 2 PM9's and 2 K9's to go with HI-Viz f.o. fronts and because of astigmatism, plain black Novak style rears. This isn't an easy remove and replace of the front sights.

The Hi-Viz have a tube protecting the rods.

If I had to do it again I'd go with unprotected rod front sights, so that I could replace them

Here's the poa, poi results on 6" steel plate with this combo

Quote Originally Posted by jg rider View Post
    After not having much luck with Kahr nite sights, twice. They only had a half life 4-5 years, vials too small ?

Was that the Trijicon or the Meprolight sights?
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Tritium has a guaranteed half-life of 12 years... 12 years to lose half of the brightness.

Here's another option that I put on my wife's Gock 43.

The sights are bright outside and in the dark, but not as "bright" in a dim shooting range.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".