Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the NRA wasting members $$$$$?

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    So apparently, you haven't noticed all of the cases that the NRA takes to court. If it wasn't for the NRA, you'd probably be shooting a firearm with a chip in it, that tells the gov't how, where and when you fire your firearm. Your ammo would probably be $100+ per box because of all of the taxes piled on by anti's in gov't. Your firearm would have ambi safeties, mag safeties, key lock safeties, and fingerprint readers. Your average firearm would be in excess of $1000. You would be required to register your firearm every other year, and if you didn't own it anymore, you'd have to explain where it went. Just a few of the things that they keep on top of. Of course, you don't have to give them any money, or belong to such a useless group. That's what makes this country great.
    AGREED!
    But the fight to keep our rights will go through the roof if Hilary gets elected!
    One of the first things she will try to do is allow people to sue the firearms companies for wrongful death etc.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    So apparently, you haven't noticed all of the cases that the NRA takes to court. If it wasn't for the NRA, you'd probably be shooting a firearm with a chip in it, that tells the gov't how, where and when you fire your firearm. Your ammo would probably be $100+ per box because of all of the taxes piled on by anti's in gov't. Your firearm would have ambi safeties, mag safeties, key lock safeties, and fingerprint readers. Your average firearm would be in excess of $1000. You would be required to register your firearm every other year, and if you didn't own it anymore, you'd have to explain where it went. Just a few of the things that they keep on top of. Of course, you don't have to give them any money, or belong to such a useless group. That's what makes this country great.
    You do understand the NRA and ILA are members of the same family. The NRA wants members to show numbers to congress, the ILA is a super pac that lobbies congress.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    AGREED!
    But the fight to keep our rights will go through the roof if Hilary gets elected!
    One of the first things she will try to do is allow people to sue the firearms companies for wrongful death etc.
    You've got no argument with me there........................

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    You do understand the NRA and ILA are members of the same family. The NRA wants members to show numbers to congress, the ILA is a super pac that lobbies congress.
    Sugar cookies, chip cookies............all comes from the same jar.............................

For the reasonable amount of money they want for membership I feel its worthwhile. I spend more money on BS.

surprised this thread is here with the closing of the political forum. The NRA is a political organization plain and simple and, for me who lives in Kalifornia, a complete waste of money.
    I am the Living Man

Only because it's directly firearms related but probably right at the line anyhow.

You have my sympathy living in Kalifornia where nearly everything is a waste of money.

We got room for you up north here but frankly so many from there have come here so I'm not sure it would be much of an improvement.

Myself I'm looking hard at Montana or Wyoming.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^^^ yeah, I guess this thread probably belongs in the RKBA Discussion vs. the General Discussion.

^^^^^^^ but are you sure the NRA is a complete waste for Kalifornians? Who knows how bad it could be?
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ yeah, I guess this thread probably belongs in the RKBA Discussion vs. the General Discussion.

^^^^^^^ but are you sure the NRA is a complete waste for Kalifornians? Who knows how bad it could be?
    Lets see....in order to have an auto pistol in Kali it has to be on the approved DOJ list. The DOJ list is falling in numbers to a very alarming rate b/c no manufacturers want to deal with Kali's strict requirements to sell here.. not all counties allow a CCW in the State.... We have Senate bills in the works limiting ammo sales and surtaxing ammo as well as a needed BR check to purchase ammo... The DOJ goes into a store that sells 80% lowers demanding the names of the those that bought them and when the proprietor refuses to give them up, he is shut down and got a G beat down. Where is the NRA? Oh they are always sending me requests to re up my membership, but never anything about how they are helping or trying to help here in Kali. Yep a waste of money here in this State. I think the NRA gave up on us. Its OK...save yourselves b/c the cancer will spread from here. Bawanna wants to sever this State from the rest of the country and I agree with him. He knows that cutting off the infected finger could save the patient.
    I am the Living Man

That's exactly what I want to do but save yourself and your family. There's still time
    I love you man and no need for you to get flushed down the drain with the cess pool called Kalifornia.

Cutting off the infected area don't always work. Doc told me I had an infection, told him just cut it off. He said it was in my head. Not good, not good at all.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."