Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hurry cane matthew

Default hurry cane matthew

looks like another union heyday, with ot galore for all of those unionized police, fire, emt, dot and ibew workers.

Be safe CJB!

Ah, thats why I left the gulf coast in 2004. I had enough in 2002 and 2003. The next 2 years brought Ivan and Katrina.

I know you know the drill, tie everything down and ride it out. Keep your powder dry.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

try to be safe and help where you can brother.
    I am the Living Man

I always appreciate electricity even more after natural disasters. Stay safe!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I can do without electricity, internet, phone, food for a while... bathing, toothbrush, clean clothes....

I cannot do without coffee. And TP, need dat TP!

The worst of it is over, and will be all over in another two hours or so.

Damage was "like kissin' yer sister" = "nuthin!"

The new HAM antenna weathered the storm well, no ill effects whatsoever. Was out this AM doing some final batten down of the hatches, and re battening down of the hatches (we'll teach those hatches!). The only other folks out and about, apparently not doing anything except "being out and about", were some nasty looking types. I carried the PM45, Governor, and Serbu. No chances taken! No prisoners taken. No shots fired....

I am at the very end of the line for street lighting, and that took a dump. Its wired 277v, so I may have to threaten to fix it myself to get 'em out here sometime this decade. I don't mind the voltage, I do mind climbing the @#$@#!!! pole, since I ain't got a fancy bucket truck (or any bucket truck for that matter).

A few palm fronds down, but I yanked all I could the other day and there were a few stragglers. They have straggled their last.

Got to listen to the Hurricane Matthew Ham Radio Net, which was on 14.325mhz and had periodic call-ins from hams all over the place, running the show, and taking input from locals about the conditions, passing along messages, getting emergency aid (none to speak of), and generally playing with new gear and calling it volunteer work.

And now I gotta lug all the crap that I piled high in the living room, and garage, and.... only God knows where else because I already forgot... back outside. And the litter boxes need emptying BIG TIME.

So just a rainy day inside, with the cats and some fried eggs. No big deal really.

Bro in law is in Port St. Lucie. Getting ready for the real big sh!t to hit the fan. He's gonna ride it out. Praying for him and all that are in the path. Big sucker, it is.
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

BTW, the NHC arm of NOAA intentionally mis-forcast the storm closer to land, and stronger than it was.

The storm consistently was 25 miles east of their "projected track", and folks, they're only that far off after two days of track. For 48 hours, they're almost always spot on, maybe a 5 or 10 mile twist in the course at most.

This was intentional. To make people prepare in case the storm did deviate? Oh hell no.

Instead, NHC, NOAA, Obama and Gov Rick Scott all had plan - the same plan all pols have - and that plan is to spend money.

Overtime. More equipment. More fuel. More men. More more more.... make 'em think we need a vast army (and we GOT a vast army of FPL and Georgia Power trucks already here).

There was a cop on every corner where the road was wide or busy enough for a stripe in it, or light.

There were EMT's stationed all about the place, at Wally World and Home Depot (which didn't close, BTW).

It was a governmental circus, paid for by (que the "pop" sound of a champaigne bottle opening, followed by some glugs....) "us", the little guy.

They had crews all over the place, in all sectors, doing busy work, for a storm that was intentionally mis-projected, in order to enable that very same busy work.

Its a rat race. The rats are winning!

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    BTW, the NHC arm of NOAA intentionally mis-forcast the storm closer to land, and stronger than it was.

The storm consistently was 25 miles east of their "projected track", and folks, they're only that far off after two days of track. For 48 hours, they're almost always spot on, maybe a 5 or 10 mile twist in the course at most.

This was intentional. To make people prepare in case the storm did deviate? Oh hell no.

Instead, NHC, NOAA, Obama and Gov Rick Scott all had plan - the same plan all pols have - and that plan is to spend money.

Overtime. More equipment. More fuel. More men. More more more.... make 'em think we need a vast army (and we GOT a vast army of FPL and Georgia Power trucks already here).

There was a cop on every corner where the road was wide or busy enough for a stripe in it, or light.

There were EMT's stationed all about the place, at Wally World and Home Depot (which didn't close, BTW).

It was a governmental circus, paid for by (que the "pop" sound of a champaigne bottle opening, followed by some glugs....) "us", the little guy.

They had crews all over the place, in all sectors, doing busy work, for a storm that was intentionally mis-projected, in order to enable that very same busy work.

Its a rat race. The rats are winning!
    I went through Katrina in Gulfport, MS. The "experst" under evaluated that one for sure! I think Mathew falls under the CYA clause for the gubbment.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    I went through Katrina in Gulfport, MS. The "experst" under evaluated that one for sure! I think Mathew falls under the CYA clause for the gubbment.
    You caught it bad in Gulfport. I left Mobile the year before that but still had to get involved in the restoration. Gulfport, Biloxi, and that whole area was destroyed. Hope you didn't lose everything.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/