Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCP II Almost as featured as Kahr CW or P 380

Default LCP II Almost as featured as Kahr CW or P 380

The LCP II has just been introduced. They did not keep the sights from the Custom, but do have a slide that locks back now. It sounds like magazines aren't fully compatible with older models, but the trigger is "improved." The trigger has .75 inches of travel according to the review, and averages 5 lbs, 11 oz. Ruger calls that single action. Who knew?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/rug...i-full-review/
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Oh crap, I just promised myself no more guns this year...

Just got an email from Grab a gun, they have it for 299.
    Info states older 6 round mags will work, but will not lock the slide on last round, old 7 round mags will not work.

http://grabagun.com/ruger-lcp-ii-bla...-inch-6rd.html
    NRA Benefactor

I want one bad.
    But when I really think about it.
    My old stainless LCP is really great.
    If this new LCP II was a LCPs (striker)?
    With a LC9s striker trigger?
    I'd be all over it.
    But as I read initial reviews of this new gun.
    I'm not getting the warm and fuzzy that I'd like it any more than my current LCP.
    For now, I think I'll hold...

My Current LCP (Added stainless guide rod and Hogue Hybrid grips)

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I'm not getting the warm and fuzzy that I'd like it any more than my current LCP.
    For now, I think I'll hold...
    LOL. Famous last words. Ask me how I know. And at $299 there is nothing to stop one.

I was done for 2016 then...
    Mistake 1. I went to the local gun shop just to stop by and say hello.
    Mistake 2. I looked in the gun case and saw what I thought was a New XD-45 service model (13 rounds) for cheap.
    Mistake 3. Came home and watched youtube videos on it. I knew they were reliable already.
    Mistake 4. Went back to the shop with the wife 11 days later. It was still there.
    Mistake 5. Asked to see it. Turned out to be used but looked brand new inside and out. I think it was never shot.
    Mistake 6. Conversation turned to politics and wife espoused her opinion on hillery and obama. Shop owner was happy.
    Mistake 7. I asked the out the door price. Shop had been empty all day and he was closing to go to the beach. He cut me a price about like a lcp2 with tax.

Not a mistake 1. It's now at home with me. It is a fine shooter. I may have a G30s up for sale soon. Then again I may keep it. Who's to say.

I have a hard time passing up a good deal, on firearms or ammo. And sale emails make it harder.
    Last edited by yqtszhj; 10-08-2016 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    LOL. Famous last words. Ask me how I know. And at $299 there is nothing to stop one.

I was done for 2016 then...
    Mistake 1. I went to the local gun shop just to stop by and say hello.
    Mistake 2. I looked in the gun case and saw what I thought was a New XD-45 service model (13 rounds) for cheap.
    Mistake 3. Came home and watched youtube videos on it. I knew they were reliable already.
    Mistake 4. Went back to the shop with the wife 11 days later. It was still there.
    Mistake 5. Asked to see it. Turned out to be used but looked brand new inside and out. I think it was never shot.
    Mistake 6. Conversation turned to politics and wife espoused her opinion on hillery and obama. Shop owner was happy.
    Mistake 7. I asked the out the door price. Shop had been empty all day and he was closing to go to the beach. He cut me a price about like a lcp2 with tax.

Not a mistake 1. It's now at home with me. It is a fine shooter. I may have a G30s up for sale soon. Then again I may keep it. Who's to say.

I have a hard time passing up a good deal, on firearms or ammo. And sale emails make it harder.
    LOL, I see you've joined the club!
    I'm pulling old guns out of the safe trying to resist buying any new ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I'm pulling old guns out of the safe trying to resist buying any new ones...
    That sounds so much like me. It doesn't work either. I just ordered another case of ammo too for "break in." I know you get that ammo bug too.

Ok everyone. I'm starting a poll, how long until Barth post his next putchase? I say 12 days. Who's next?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    That sounds so much like me. It doesn't work either. I just ordered another case of ammo too for "break in." I know you get that ammo bug too.

Ok everyone. I'm starting a poll, how long until Barth post his next putchase? I say 12 days. Who's next?
    1000 rounds Federal HST 147 gr 9mm
    1000 rounds Federal HST 230 gr 45 ACP
    1000 rounds Speer GDHP 125 gr 357 Sig (1375 fps)

Already shot my case of 9mm NATO breaking in the SP5K - LOL!

Really am holding on any more gun purchases this year.
    It's been a record breaker for me

Hks alone I bought a USP Elite 45, USP Compact Stainless Steel 45 and last but not least an iconic SP5K 9mm.
    OMG don't want to crunch the numbers on guns and ammo purchased this year...

Oooh, that reminds me. I have some 9mm NATO I need to shoot through my M&P, because it has the M after all, even if the Army puked on it.

Another corporate focus group design, with heavy legal input.

It will sell. Ruger-the-company will be happy. Ruger-the-man continues to roll in his grave at the abominations his namesake passes off as something with the name Ruger on it.