Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop

Thread: Unfortunate incident

Default Unfortunate incident

A friend of mine calls me up and says that he wants to pattern some defensive shells in his Rem 1100. He's got targets made on stakes, nice set up. He had never seen my property before, so I said let's just go up nort for the day, check out the property, and we'll go to my gun club range, no problem. We arrive and no one is there. It's the only place to park, so you would know if someone was there, unless they came in the back, which is miles away. The range is in a valley, surrounded by hills on three sides, with a sand berm area on the fourth, with small dunes that go on forever. Two nice trap houses and set up for clay shooting. To the left, are two berms for handgun, and also a small area with spinning steels at about 100 yds. All shooting is in the same direction. We got the shotgun targets set up, and did our thing for about an hour and a half, and accomplished what he needed to know. I guarantee his shoulder was not in good shape the next few days.......I didn't have to ask, I knew. I shot it about 25 times and mine was aching a bit. Fun time, hadn't shot one for ages. I brought my M&P .40C, so we set up some targets, and we had gone through about 15 mags, when I looked up, and saw people walking across the range about 125 yds. away. My heart dropped to my knees. I yelled and asked if everyone was ok. No response. I then saw that it was an adult male, and what looked to be a girl, and another young male. I yelled again and asked if everyone was ok. Again, no answer........so I proceeded to start calling them every derogatory name that I could think of. I walked out to about 50 yds. from them and asked them if they had a brain in their head, and then called the male adult a stupid sob. I asked if they had heard the shooting, and they said yes. I asked them, if they had heard the shooting, why on earth would they walk across a live fire range. No answer. They all had bows and I didn't even ask them if they were members, what they were doing, or anything else. Told them that they were very lucky, asked why they didn't yell to let us know that they were out there. No answer. I reiterated that he was a stupid sob, and something about him being stopped from procreating. It may have not been the best things to say in front of the kids, but I was so pissed at this idiot. I hadn't even asked whether they were his kids.......girl about 12-13.......boy about 15-16. I told him that I was going to give a description of his vehicle and plate number to the Pres. of the club. I also told him that I was going to do the same with the local LE. All of our lucky days.

its a good day, everybody walked away

Its folks like those that make you want to ask them to hold the targets for you.....

Holy Crap! I'd have been trembling, were I you! Guess you wouldn't have been at fault if one had been hit, but jeeze! Glad everyone walked away.
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

Common sense isn't common

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    Common sense isn't common
    ^^This^^
    NRA Benefactor

Glad everyone was OK.

I was mountain biking in the park once and hadn't even realized I'd wandered into the Boy Scout camp when I popped out onto the wrong end of their rifle range. No one was there so there was no shots to give me a clue but it still scared the crap out of me.

I can't imagine what those dolts were thinking... Or not thinking.
    ​O|||||||O

Idiots!

You can't fix stupid!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I wish there was a good word that fully described those folks who totally lack common sense, rather than retard, but I fully agree you can't fix stupid.

May be they learned something that day.