Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: Shooting low - what to do?

Default Shooting low - what to do?

Hey guys, I have had my CM9 w/Crimson Trace I got in a trade deal for a while now. Since I kept procrastinating getting my CCW, I just never took it out and shot it much. I finally did the CCW class and now just waiting to get the permit from the Sheriffs office. Anyway, I took it out yesterday and shot about 50 round through it and in my normal sight picture, I kept shootng really low at around 10 yards.

Definitely not the groupings I am used to with my G19 or PPQ. Also, I had a really wide pattern I attribute to the short barrel. My theory is the super long pull of the trigger is having me nose the gun down at the end of the travel. Although it seems like the sights are spot on my target when the gun fires. It has me baffled on what to do. But the gun ran fine with factory ball ammo, Federal Personal Defense, and Hornady Critical Defense ammo. The only hiccup was with the second round in one mag loaded with factory re-loads, although doubtful I will run any of that through it again.

Get some dummy rounds and take a friend the next time you go out and have them load the magazine for you alternating the dummy rounds. You'll find out if you're flinching that way.

I say this because i was flinching at first. I don't with my G26 but I was with my PM9. Pulling the trigger with the tip of my finger helps also

Thanks lee, I may do the dummy round thing. Although the first thing I thought of after the first mag, is I was flinching. So really concentrated on not doing it. I will flinch on occasion with my other guns and get a flier or two, but this was consistently low, every shot with every mag.

If you shoot right handed, try a Dr Scholls pad or two under your left heel.

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    If you shoot right handed, try a Dr Scholls pad or two under your left heel.
    Lefty here, but not sure if you are serious or not.