CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: Guitars, what all do y'all play?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I can strum a few chords on a guitar but I don't really play
    However, I do play the 5 string banjo bluegrass style. I have a Huber Lexington and a 1927 tube and plate arch top Gibson Mastertone.
    The Gibson was originally a 4 string so I had a 5 string neck made for it and put in a conversion flat head tone ring. When I'm not playing the Gibson it stays in the safe along with the guns.
    I used to play a lot but arthritis in my right thumb limits my time picking.
    My husband and I used to play in a bluegrass band. It was more for fun than anything else, we played local fairs, parties, senior center etc.
    Hubby plays guitar and fiddle.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    I can strum a few chords on a guitar but I don't really play
    However, I do play the 5 string banjo bluegrass style. I have a Huber Lexington and a 1927 tube and plate arch top Gibson Mastertone.
    The Gibson was originally a 4 string so I had a 5 string neck made for it and put in a conversion flat head tone ring. When I'm not playing the Gibson it stays in the safe along with the guns.
    I used to play a lot but arthritis in my right thumb limits my time picking.
    My husband and I used to play in a bluegrass band. It was more for fun than anything else, we played local fairs, parties, senior center etc.
    Hubby plays guitar and fiddle.
    OK dammit! Now ya got me digging around in the attic for another project. Like I really got time to learn the banjo. But my sister got me this cheapie Kay tenor banjo years ago. It will be pretty cool when I finally play it for her. I already put new tuners on it. I think I'll finish the setup and give it a whirl.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O