Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't recognize my Country anymore!!

Default I don't recognize my Country anymore!!

We are camped at Fort Chaffee (Army National Guard) in Fort Smith Arkansas…..AND in the past when we have camped at a military installation
    we hear reveille in the morning and retreat in the evening….FOLLOWED by the NATIONAL ANTHEM every evening!!!!!! Today we heard everything except the NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! How $*$*$*$$*$$$$***SAD! I hope to get some answers tomorrow.

are you sure it wasn't played B/c it should have been
    I am the Living Man

My experience is that the air force plays the anthem and the army doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    are you sure it wasn't played B/c it should have been
    We are sure! We have been here two days and have been listening carefully! We aren't scheduled to leave until Wednesday so I should be able to ask some questions before we leave.
    As a side note, last night we were woke up by a Coyote family (we heard adult yelps and the higher pitch yelp of the pups).
    Then at 0600 when revelry was broadcast the Coyote family woke up and began complaining, that gave us a laugh!

Not sure what the standards are for each service, did two tours in the Navy, never played the Anthem. Just a quick blow on a whistle to let you give attention.
    NRA Benefactor

I made a career of the Army, retired in 1998. Never seen the National Anthem played routinely as part of the Retreat ceremony. The bugle calls are used: "Retreat" to signal the end of the duty day, then "To The Colors" as the flag is lowered. The anthem can be used in place of "To The Colors" if I remember correctly, but that was normally only done on special occasions or during large formal Command Retreat ceremonies.

Interesting! Every Air Force Base I've been on played the Anthem. I was surprised and disappointed.
    I left a message at the operations office on this post (Ft. Chaffee) for a Master Sargent. He was out for the day…I wonder if I'll get a call back.
    Maybe I'm just a trouble maker……. Heck I still get chills when our National Anthem plays.

chills here too ...and Yes to the Air Force playing the Anthem
    I am the Living Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmJMLAGU9Nc

These bugle calls were common at Fort Hood, Texas. Get out of your vehicle or walking come to attention. Face the colors and salute.

My life for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmJMLAGU9Nc

These bugle calls were common at Fort Hood, Texas. Get out of your vehicle or walking come to attention. Face the colors and salute.

My life for a while.
    I like those bugle call, they are more sophisticated than most. But I still want them followed by the Anthem.

This morning they didn't even play revelry which has been happening at 6am. I think the coyotes missed it because by 6:10 they were yapping wildly.