Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace

Thread: New Thompson owner + third hand tool question.

Default New Thompson owner + third hand tool question.

I've made due for years with my Volunteer Enterprises Thompson knock-off's but I finally ponied up the cash for a real one (as real as I'm getting without a tax stamp anyway). I got the T150D with the 50rd drum and a 30rd stick mag.

In fact I would have picked it up today but when I got to the gun shop I discovered that somewhere between the distributor and the gun shop someone lost the cross bolt that goes through the buttstock, and someone also cocked it with the safety on and completely locked it up, so I sent it back and they've got another one on it's way as soon as the broken one gets back to them (I just love waiting....again).

Anyway while I'm waiting for a replacement to come in I thought I'd join over here and ask a quick question. I believe when you buy a drum separately from Auto Ordnance they come with the third hand tool. I had assumed that since this comes with a drum it would come with the tool too but while I was looking over the broken and now returned Thompson I noticed there was no third hand tool anywhere in the case, are they not included with the T150D or was it just missing along with the buttstock cross bolt? I have plenty of time to order one now while I wait for my replacement to come in.

It should come with one. Its pretty simple but absolutely necessary if you close the bolt with the drum on.
    Mine had a little slot for it in the foam as I recall but I could be wrong.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It seemed like it should come with one, If it was in there It must have fallen out when the stock cross bolt did. Just to be safe though I tried calling Kahr a few times today but no one picked up, I'll try again tomorrow...

I tried again today and still no one would pick up. I sent an email and actually did hear back quickly. The T150D does come with the third hand tool, so it was definitely missing from the case on mine.

Mine came with one and you will definitely need it with the drum. However, you will find the stick much easier to load and shoot. You'll break out the drum to impress folks, though. And, yes, the drum is MUCH cooler than the stick, but you'll get over that pretty quick shooting by yourself.

I'm looking forward to trying it out, I love shooting my Volunteer arms knock-off Thompson, it fools most people but I know it's not an actual Thompson, I'm glad to be getting a real one. Lets hope the next one doesn't show up as wrecked as the first one, and with all of it's pieces this time.

Here's the Volunteer Enterprises "Commando", it's close but it's no Thompson

I almost forgot I'd made this post, my replacement Thompson did show up, and it DID come with the third hand tool.

I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but I will soon. I did notice that there seems to be some slop between the upper and lower receiver, as you hold both grips you can jiggle the upper around on the lower back and fourth a fraction of a mm, is this play normal for these A/O Thompsons?

The last round in my stick will not chamber. Has anyone had this problem??

I've notice the same in mine. There does seem to be a little play between the upper and lower

Good to know, thanks.