Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: K9 loaded weight

Default K9 loaded weight

Just checked the weight of my K9...Loaded with 8 rounds of HST 147 gr., stainless steel guide rod and big Dot sights...Total 30 oz. (856 gr. measured on an Ohaus scale).

Well, that's roughly the weight of a loaded Kimber Ultra or Colt Defender (a little less, actually), and no one complains that those pistols are "too heavy", as some do about the K9. Of course, .45 caliber rounds would be heavier, as well as potentially more effective, than 9mm. Personally, my K9 Elite '03 has risen to the top of my preferred carry guns. It simply fits my hand better than any other, and the wide, flat trigger is more comfortable, for me, than any other. To me, its weight is an advantage, adding stability when firing.

^^^^ Couldn't agree more. My K9 has become the only gun I carry.

And no thumb safety to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot View Post
    Well, that's roughly the weight of a loaded Kimber Ultra or Colt Defender (a little less, actually), and no one complains that those pistols are "too heavy", as some do about the K9. Of course, .45 caliber rounds would be heavier, as well as potentially more effective, than 9mm. Personally, my K9 Elite '03 has risen to the top of my preferred carry guns. It simply fits my hand better than any other, and the wide, flat trigger is more comfortable, for me, than any other. To me, its weight is an advantage, adding stability when firing.

that is a beauty of a gun.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/