Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Renewed my CCP yesterday

Default Renewed my CCP yesterday

Montgomery County PA and a few observations.

I went last Friday but the line was at least 10 deep so I decided to return another day. That was a surprise since the last time I renewed 5 years ago I was there by myself.

Yesterday I was 3rd in line. Took a number and chatted with the guy next to me. My number got called in 10 minutes. They take your form and you sit back down while they check you out. 10 minutes later I'm back up paying my $20 and getting my permit.

I told the guy this is the nicest government department to deal with. There's never any BS. No cranky clerk whose obviously had enough dealing with the public, barking orders to stand here or there, or throwing up roadblocks so they don't have to do their job.

Mostly guys but a few women as well. Still can't carry to any of the state's around me, but maybe one day.

Here in Colorado even/also the DMV is friendly to deal with. It's causing me to lose faith.
    NRA Benefactor

In SC takes about 75-90days to renew, they have to redo the background check again.
    NRA Benefactor

Now that's saying something. I travel extra distance to a DMV where the folks are really nice. The local closer ones I don't seem to get along with at all.
    Shouldn't be like that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I send my money in the mail.............................................. .........comes back in a few days.

We can do that if we're lucky. You can only do it every other time though. I got to do that once and it was great.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I am good until May 2017. Last time I asked "Is there an upper age limit that they will not renew my concealed carry license?" The reply was "Just like your Driver's license, your kid's will take them away when you are no longer competent.

I am happy that your experience was a good one. However, if it is a 2nd amendment right, we shouldn't need permission period. No line, no paying $ no forms...nada
    I am the Living Man

Cool Live Free or Die Hard

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    I am happy that your experience was a good one. However, if it is a 2nd amendment right, we shouldn't need permission period. No line, no paying $ no forms...nada
    +1
    Moved to Arizona a few years ago.
    Was pleasently surprised to find the state had changed to Constitutional Carry
    Permits? We don't need no stinking permits - LOL!