Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I really want a CW380 or P380 but i'm hesitant

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Your CM45 has the exact same part, yet you state you had no problems with it. Answered your own question.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I cannot address your concern with that spring, but in my experience of field stripping my gun maybe 5 times I do not recall any issues with it. Plenty of issues taking it down and back together (read somewhere in another thread), but no issues with that tiny spring....but one has to use caution when inserting the slip stop pin. My Kahrs are more difficult to field strip than all my other guns (other than a Ruger Mk III), but they are also among the most accurate, and have other attributes (small size) that keep them in my inventory.

I have only shot mine a little over 200 rounds. However, it has been flawless with the 50 rounds or so of my carry ammo: Fiocchi Extrema XTP. Below is a recap of what I've shot and my comments:

Kahr cw380 Wear in started Aug 2016: (total rounds in CW380 = 200+ rounds as of Oct 2016)
    *Speer Lawman 95 gr FMJ - 100 perfect for me. About 100 rounds without failure.
    American Eagle NO! NO! NO! - too many FTF - Save for Glock 42
    GECO FMJ – Do not use. Failure to eject which causes a round jamming into that one. About the same as American Eagle.
    Maxx FMMJ - Do not use. Failure to eject which causes a round jamming into that one. Worst of any ammo I've tried.

SD Ammo:
    *Fiocchi Extrema 90gr XTP - Tried - 100% perfect for me, two boxes through gun Oct 2016.
    Fed Hydra-Shok - not tried in CW 380 yet Oct 2016

As you're looking at ammo, I would just suggest buying single 50-round boxes until you find what your CW380 likes, because my experience is 180 degrees from Papersniper. My CW380 was broken in with American Eagle and performed flawlessly after break-in. However, my CW380 never did like Fiocchi. I shot 50 rounds of it a few weeks back just for kicks, and I still had a couple of malfunctions. There is a thread that describes taking a small amount of material off the extractor as a fix. Also, Winchester flat nose likes to hang up on the feed ramp in my CW380. For SD, I use Precision XTP. The XTP bullets feed reliably and do well in ballistic gel tests. So, all that to say, the CW380 in my experience can be ammo-sensitive, but it's a very accurate pistol and a pleasure to shoot for being such a tiny pistol.

Salty

Get it or one like my MK9!

"..So, all that to say, the CW380 in my experience can be ammo-sensitive, but it's a very accurate pistol and a pleasure to shoot for being such a tiny pistol."

Ditto! Our experiences with ammo preferences for the CW380 just show how individual these tiny pistols can be! I am also surprised mine is not reliable with American Eagle, as I've never had any issues with that in any of my firearms; pistol or rifles. I bought 200 rounds of American Eagle for the wear in process, but quit trying it after about 50 rounds of failures. The Lawman FMJ worked 100%. On the Fiocchi, mine works 100% with the XTP bullet, their "Extrema" load. I've never tried Fiocchi's FMJ because I heard so many negative comments on that load. But their Extrema loading sure works well in my CW380 and it is my carry ammo in both my Glock and the Kahr. I still need to test my CW380 with some Federal Hydra-Shok I have on hand. That works fine with my Glock 42, but I have not gotten around to testing it in the Kahr yet.

I would guess, and this is only a guess, it's around 10 inch pounds

Quote Originally Posted by lamppa View Post
    I would guess, and this is only a guess, it's around 10 inch pounds
    Thanks.

I applied enough torque with my calibrated elbow to satisfy me that it was snug as shipped. I believe that's what support was expecting.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

I have 2 Kahrs, a CM9 and a MK9, but I jumped ship on the 380 and bought a Remington RM380. No failures of any kind in 200 fired rounds.

I now have over 200 rounds through my p380. Including 100 rounds of winchester with the flat nose. It does not like winchester but to use it up I found that if I put one or two round nose bullets in the magazine last I could shoot the whole magazine. Wouldn't buy them anymore. I also used federal and blazer brass no problem 👌. The p380 was easy shooting just as everyone has said, and it's a whole lot easier than Sig p 230 which I sold because it beat me up. Accurate and easy to shoot I highly recommend

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I've read the many woes from cw380 owners, so broke the chain of K9, CM9, K9 black, MK9, and bought a CZ83. Best decision made in ages. It's a great shooter and I surprise myself how easy it is to shoot accurately and fast at the same time. Almost makes me think I'm a good shot sometimes. Oh, it's been flawless with SD rounds to light reloads for the girlfriend and everything in between. The CW380 is a sweet size, but I don't want to carry anything that's finicky.