CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Couple of new additions recently

On my annual pilgrimage to the rodeo on the east side of the state, the usual visit to the feed store incredible gun dept made this follow me home. Had a hankering for the last few years, they always have one in the case, either 357 or the last couple years a 45 Colt like this one.
    While we were writing it up, I noticed a Schofield right by the check out, it was a good price and all guns were 25% off, I could have got it, had a hankering there too. Kind of a coin toss and I brought this home. 299, couldn't pass that up.

My granddaughter with her mean face, makes me smile.

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

Well, that right there makes it worth every penny you paid for it

Still, I think some velocity testing and long range shooting reports are in order there Colonel Bawanna Buntline.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Nice. I remember you talking about looking at those last year I believe.

How long is that barrel? Last weekend I was watching one of the old Clint Eastwood westerns, I think it was “A Few Dollars More”, and Lee Van Cleef had one of those he would put a stock on to shoulder fire it. Seems like he was shooting Clint’s hat. Given the wood worker you are if that is a 16 inch barrel or longer that would be cool if it could be an option without making it a SBR. I’m not sure about all of those legalities.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

It's more than legal, it has an 18'' barrel. I don't think there's an option to purchase a store bought stock for this one but there is another model, a revolving carbine.

The thought of making one up for myself has entered the limited space of my mind.

I'd want to rig up some sort of cylinder shield or keep my left hand back, the blast from the front of the cylinder can be painful if you get your hand in the wrong position.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    WOW, WOW, WOW,……..double WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What he said.....WOW WOW WOW! Like it a lot.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

It's more than legal, it has an 18'' barrel. I don't think there's an option to purchase a store bought stock for this one but there is another model, a revolving carbine.

The thought of making one up for myself has entered the limited space of my mind.

I'd want to rig up some sort of cylinder shield or keep my left hand back, the blast from the front of the cylinder can be painful if you get your hand in the wrong position.
    Here you go. Go to 1:15 in the video clip from the movie. https://youtu.be/BFvu5QftNIY

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

On my annual pilgrimage to the rodeo on the east side of the state, the usual visit to the feed store incredible gun dept made this follow me home. Had a hankering for the last few years, they always have one in the case, either 357 or the last couple years a 45 Colt like this one.
    While we were writing it up, I noticed a Schofield right by the check out, it was a good price and all guns were 25% off, I could have got it, had a hankering there too. Kind of a coin toss and I brought this home. 299, couldn't pass that up.

Flippin' priceless.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

You don't have to shoot em, you can just poke em in the eye............................................... ......

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    You don't have to shoot em, you can just poke em in the eye............................................... ......
    NRA Benefactor

A great picture... beautiful granddaughter.

I was wondering what kind of velocity you could get out of that barrel. Looked on Ballistics by the Inch... bbti. http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/45colt.html
    .45 Colt Results in fps

Click here for a Muzzle Energy graph for the tests in this caliber.
    barrel length Cor Bon
    200 gr.
    JHP +P
    Cor Bon
    225 gr.
    DPX +P
    Federal
    225 gr.
    semi-
    wadcutter
    Lead HP
    18" 1275 1482 1042
    17" 1254 1464 1050
    16" 1245 1483 1060
    Pistol ammo. Reloading might give better results with "rifle powder".
    I'm not going to worry with the danged formatting from this table.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".