CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of new additions recently

I just learned that the S&W M&P9 Compact (Glock 19 sized) now comes in a 3.6" barrel (compared to 4" for the C).

This makes it about the size of a Kahr CW9 only fatter, and with 15 round mags (and can take my 17 round mags). A skosh bigger than my Shield, with a full 3-finger grip above the mag base plate (no pinching), and a fat enough grip to feel more in control. Still small enough to conceal ok, I think.

Since I have a 1.0 MP9, a 1.0 MP9 Pro, and a Shield, and am always looking for a 9mm in "just the right size," this may have to be my next windmill to tilt.

That's certainly one I'd look at, maybe even over the Sig 365.

As I said in another thread, too bad Kahr isn't jumping on that compact double stack (or even a stack & a half) bandwagon.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I'd go that over the 365 in a heartbeat. Looks so much nicer to me.

For some reason the Sig just scream Sigma to me when I look at it. I've not seen one in person yet but a friend picked on you yesterday I believe so guess I'll see one soon enough.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I haven't seen a 365 in person either. When I went to go buy the 9C today (yes, I did it), a salesman was telling a customer they get in a bunch of 365s and they sell the same day.

I've gotten a little tired of the dinky mousegun feel, and this is smallish but has the feel of a full size in the hand. It fits in my back pocket, for a size reference.

That gun isn't just a prelock.
    It appears to be pinned and recessed.
    Along with being factory nickel that thing is worth some coin.
    Last edited by Barth; 06-10-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Good week for Break Tops. Had a hankering for one forever and Greg will testify since I've been on the prowl.
    Just didn't want one bad enough to spend over a grand for an Uberti clone.
    We have an interim chief who I found was into old stuff like me. Toys, he's got a collection of Japanese helmets and just got a genuine Japanese battle flag.
    Anyhow I did some swapping, gave him a nice Arisaka with the bi pod, original sling, the mums not ground off, good shape and a Super Blackhawk 7 1/2 which I haven't shot in years and I still have a 10 1/2" so got that base covered.
    Anyhow I got these.

The top one, near as I can figure is a 44 DA 1st Model- made 1881-1913. 54,000 made and this one is about the middle of that range. It's 44 Russian which was the most often made and found. They also made 44-40 and 38-40 but much less common.
    The Frontier was primarily 44-40 and worth a bit more.

The bottom again near as I can figure is a 38 S&W Double Action 5th model. There were 15,000 of these made 1909-1911.
    Both lock up pretty well, the 38 being a bit better than the 44.

Both I think with careful probably black powder or pyrodex loads are shootable. For sure if I can run into Chumley from Pawn Stars to pull the trigger the first few times.

I also (great week for me) won an Iver Johnson Sealed Eight break top in 22. It's at the shop as we speak, I'll pick it up later this week along with a Ruger Charger I found on sale.

Helped having my 3rd job the proceeds of which the wife lets me keep (at least so far). Never get rich but have a little play money, very little actually but much more than I've had for a very long time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Darn, that's a nice score Colonel! It's good to see you have started scratching that break top itch

Is that IVORY or polished stag on the 44?

Starline has published a nice article on 44 Russian: https://www.starlinebrass.com/articl...tory-and-Info/

I probably have some once fired 44 Russian brass in the garage. If you interested in some of that, I'll sort around for it.

BTW, those are nice photos and both pieces look like they will be a hoot to shoot.

Looking forward to seeing the Iver Johnson as well.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Those are nice. Good score if you ask me.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I'm certain it's Ivory. They do look very fragile but they are solid. I'm reluctant to remove them for fear of damaging them.
    If I ever do it will be a very careful and patient process. I think it would be ok but they are so cool I don't want to mess them up.

The little 38 isn't as nice in the finish department but it's got a good solid lock up. I'm quite pleased with both.

I've been trying to figure out if the 44 is supposed to be double action only. I glanced at S&W forum and youtube but can't get a definitive answer.
    I saw a couple video's and they never fired them single action, always double. Makes me think it's double action only.
    This one will not stay hammer back if you try to thumb it. While I'd like to be able too, I'm hoping something isn't broke in that department.

I did pull the side plate, mostly just to see what somebodies hands had done in the late 1800's and it was clean as a pin inside. Should have took a picture.

Should get the Iver Johnson thursday at my dealer. The Charger comes in then and he'll only charge me one transfer fee if I do both at the same time.
    Call me cheap but 35 bucks is 35 bucks.

I intend to make me a Mares Leg for myself. And use it to maybe make them for other people. I'm watching for 10/22 stocks. Most take them off, put on a heavy barrel and a new stock and the old stock lives in limbo in a closet someplace.

Don't make a special effort but if you stumble into any of that 44 Russian brass I'd take you up on some. I don't know yet when / if or how soon I'll shoot it, the desire is there, right now I'm just tickled to call it my own and give it a good home.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Nice score on those Smiths, especially the ivory handled one.

Speaking of breaktops, I'm kinda jonesing for the new NAA Ranger II convertible. Yeah, it's a novelty, but the minis are like little jewels:

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling