Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of new additions recently

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Ok time to play with my CZ...

Just when I was done buying....
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Here's my new additions for at least the rest of 2017. His and hers. Didn't really need the push one but wife was impatient.
    It's scary fast and takes some getting used to but I'm getting the hang of it. Didn't die on the first mowing today anyhow.

Thinking I might paint it green.

We not return you to you new addition to the gun safe thread.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice zero turn.............Cub Cadet is the first riding mower I ever used when I was 14 years old. I think they were made/owned by International Harvester back then. These mower companies have to get their cool factor together. Cub yellow, Toro red, JD green, no blue's, black's, etc. Bit of jealousy here. I'm still using a Murray that's older than the sand I ride over. It is green though. That Cub should really cut down on your mow time, if that matters. Tried out my friends Toro zero turn, those damn things fly. I couldn't use one on my property, too much sand and bumps. I practically shake off body parts every time I mow. Too many moles and voles. Still be nice to have one. You must have a lot of grass to mow. I've got mostly woods and with some weed whacking, it still takes me 3-4 hrs. Those front wheels basically float over the ground, once you get going. Nice machines those Zero turns.

I'm really tired of looking at mowers and was relieved to get this done even though I hated to spend the money.

The sad part is about 90 percent of all mowers are made by MTD. Just a different color, a little body change but all basically the same mower.

I looked and looked. I wanted to get a Toro since my old push mower which is 30 years old and I realized I never changed the oil until a few weeks ago just never gave an issue. It just needs a carb or rebuild and it'll go another 30.
    But the reviews on the new Toro riders make it sound like they are all Friday afternoon built KelTecs.

Sometimes wonder about those reviews too, people that have no clue about machinery writing reviews about something they know nothing about. Can really skew the actual facts I think.

Oh well, now the neighbors driving by can stop wondering why they don't see me mowing the lawn every weekend. It was getting pretty tall.

I ran the woods idea by the wife, told her we'd just let it go back to wild like it was when we moved in. Her dream was to see the mail box from the house. I tool my chain saw (back in my vertical days) and cut about a 8 ft swath from the front porch to the mail box, that plan didn't work.

Kids weren't happy back then, they had forts all over the place and they'd get one done and I'd come through on the clearing mission.......felt bad for them.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice ride Bawanna!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

From what I have seen from Toro lately, as far as mowers and blowers, is that they've cheapened them up.....................lot's O plastic. It looks like you've got some metal there. That's an awfully fancy push mower. I get my push mowers from overstock places, sales, etc. I haven't changed the oil in a push mower,....ever. The most I have paid for a mower is $100, shipped to my door. I assemble, add the oil and they run for about 10 years. It's good to keep the better half busy.........................

I was about the same way in my vertical days. My first rider was a very old Toro (Forest Gump) mower. I even wore a blue long sleeve shirt buttoned to the neck and white cotton work gloves for effect. Rode it into the ground.

The tractors that I could still use, able to get on and off pretty easy are really junk now days. My last rider a Husqvarna was a heck of a good mower and I wanted another but all had foot pedals. Nobody wanted to put a new engine in it for me. That particular model had an issue with the gasket between the case halves. Had it fixed once. Wife didn't want to do that again.

Put oil in it and it will run. Thought about just draining the oil after each mow and just pouring it back in next time but that's a nuisance.
    Probably better than all the oil leaking on my garage floor though.

Now I just need to get with HenryLee and get me a snow blower mounted on the front. We don't get enough snow to need it but it's cool.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Nice ride Bawanna!
    That's another plus to your neck of the woods. Not much grass to mow huh?
    I actually enjoy mowing. It's the only time people see me and don't know I'm a derelict. On the mower I almost look human and manly.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's another plus to your neck of the woods. Not much grass to mow huh?
    I actually enjoy mowing. It's the only time people see me and don't know I'm a derelict. On the mower I almost look human and manly.
    Not much, mostly gravel in the yard:

There are weeds to contend with, but I've got a tool for them:

You're a man's man Colonel.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Wife somehow rented the movie Hacksaw Ridge on the TV this weekend, technology I guess. One of the most violent and gory movies I've ever seen but it was also really good.

Your week burner brought it right back. I would not want to be one of them guys carrying the flame thrower.

Nor would I want to be on the receiving end of said flame.

I imagine down yonder it would work great on weeds. Up here you have to do that during the dry season, (about a week or two in August) to get anything to burn and then everything burns.

Alphonse is quite familiar with that. His neck of the woods burns in one degree or another nearly ever year without fail.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan