Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of new additions recently

Here's my new/ old Iver Johnson 22 Super Shot Sealed Eight. Made from 1931 to 1957 (a little newer than Jocko).
    I'm very pleased, it cleaned up well, didn't need much. Locks up tight with a decent single action trigger, double's not bad but I'm a thumb buster anyhow so that don't matter.

Also picked up my Ruger Charger that Brownells had a sale on. Free shipping, 10% off and a 25 dollar gift card! To my dealer for 219. Then he had to rob me for the transfer fees etc. Another 90 for the two guns. Felt good till I got that last damage report.

I see it in a Mare's leg stock soon. Hung a Red Dot on it for now. Not sure if that will change but it'll do nice for now.

Maybe if it turns out good my granddaughter will let me borrow my other Mares leg or maybe swap?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, thanks, guys.

I was happily content with my current roster, with every gun having a role and the title of “starter” in some form or fashion. I believed my needs were met. I didn’t realize that a huge glaring hole existed. Well, I guess I did, but I thought one of the current players would fill the role. That is, the role of “Reliever of the Relief Pitcher”; or “The Closer”.

Then, I saw the posts above. I had wondered if the Sidewinder would fill my desire for a tiny revolver that could be reloaded quickly. I had never thought about a break-top mini revolver. After I saw the posts above, I found the attached photo. Apparently, this grip is called a CVang. If anyone needs to correct me, please do so ASAP, and I’ll edit this post.

I figure, even if these grips are not readily available, we have a resident custom-grip-ninja that does awesome work (just look for Bawanna’s Custom Grip Emporium).

Now, I have a hard decision to make. Do I hunt for a Ranger 2, and hope Bawanna is willing to create a custom grip for it? Or, do I try to find another Ruger Charger (is stainless too much to hope for?) and a Ruger 1022 stock, so that Bawanna can create a “Blonde Twin” to the brunette model he created for me back in February?

I am going to try to attach two photos. The first photo is of the NAA Ranger 2 with the “CVang” grip. The second photo is what has become one of my favorite pistols - my Brunette Ruger Charger Mares Leg. It is so much fun to shoot...

THANK YOU, BAWANNA!

-Wlf
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Here's my new/ old Iver Johnson 22 Super Shot Sealed Eight. Made from 1931 to 1957 (a little newer than Jocko).
    I'm very pleased, it cleaned up well, didn't need much. Locks up tight with a decent single action trigger, double's not bad but I'm a thumb buster anyhow so that don't matter.

Also picked up my Ruger Charger that Brownells had a sale on. Free shipping, 10% off and a 25 dollar gift card! To my dealer for 219. Then he had to rob me for the transfer fees etc. Another 90 for the two guns. Felt good till I got that last damage report.

I see it in a Mare's leg stock soon. Hung a Red Dot on it for now. Not sure if that will change but it'll do nice for now.

Maybe if it turns out good my granddaughter will let me borrow my other Mares leg or maybe swap?
    Bawanna, when I started my reply you hadn’t yet posted the photos of your new Iver Johnson (beautiful), your new Ruger Charger (can’t wait to see what you do with that stock), and your granddaughter holding the Uberti Mares Leg hostage (awesome). Great photos! Looks like one heck of a week!

-Wlf

Actually that stock is yours. I've been working on making it legally blonde. It's close, not sure I can get any blonder.
    I ain't cut it of course yet, was waiting for mine to have a sample to mess with.

I have another (my last) 10/22 stock that I will do one for myself, whilst I keep my eyes peeled for more 10/22 stocks.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I really like that Iver Johnson. Those grips on it are nice too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Those grips are so slick and shiney I thought they were plastic. But I took them off to clean it and they are actually real wood.

It was also pristine under the grips, not a trace of rust or anything bad at all. I was happy with that.

They really feel nice in hand too. The gun is pretty light and the balance is pretty spot on. Hoping it shoots as good as it looks.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I'm trying to resist going back to the store and snatching up a S&W 10-10 they have for $250. Apparently they made 6 million of these, so the price is probably "market price." If I pass on it, I know the market price will skyrocket. If I buy it, the price will tank.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    If I pass on it, I know the market price will skyrocket. If I buy it, the price will tank.
    I don’t feel alone anymore.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Actually that stock is yours. I've been working on making it legally blonde. It's close, not sure I can get any blonder.
    I ain't cut it of course yet, was waiting for mine to have a sample to mess with.

I have another (my last) 10/22 stock that I will do one for myself, whilst I keep my eyes peeled for more 10/22 stocks.
    I didn’t know that was my stock! Well, that officially means the legally blonde stock will be in my hands way before anything that could be placed on a mini break-top revolver. What am I doing? I need to find another Charger!

-Wlf

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I'm trying to resist going back to the store and snatching up a S&W 10-10 they have for $250. Apparently they made 6 million of these, so the price is probably "market price." If I pass on it, I know the market price will skyrocket. If I buy it, the price will tank.
    If it was in fair to better condition, I'd probably have snatched it up at that price. I've owned various Model 10s (and some Hand-Ejectors) over the years and they were all accurate, reliable revolvers. Even having been on the wrong end of heavy barrel Model 10 once (in the hands of cautious Ohio Highway Patrolman) hasn't soured me on them.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>