Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of new additions recently

I never expected to own a Taurus.

But this new model was compelling - J-frame sized, and only $325 brand spanking new. Seems well made and quite compact.

And lookie here...

Six chambers! J-frame size with 6 .38 Special rounds aboard! How could I pass it up?

6 chambers makes sense, never could figure why they started going to 5 and 7 like the 686 Plus. Like fooling with mother nature.
    The 5 holers I guess make some sense for size but a 7 shooter, did drive the price of the good 686's up I guess. Good if you already have a good 686 that is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, if you recall, the first Colts Col. Sam made in Paterson, New Jersey were 5 shooters. Of course he went bankrupt in 1842 even though the Texas Rangers (not the Whiffleball team) used his products to good effect on the local natives around here. (See: Captain Jack Hays)
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I gotta step away....or i'll never be able to retire!
    Besides being a right beautiful piece - Recessed chambers, pinned barrel, no Hillary hole. Outstanding!

That little 6 shot Taurus looks pretty interesting too.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Here's my new additions for at least the rest of 2017. His and hers. Didn't really need the push one but wife was impatient.
    It's scary fast and takes some getting used to but I'm getting the hang of it. Didn't die on the first mowing today anyhow.

Thinking I might paint it green.

We not return you to you new addition to the gun safe thread.
    Need a Winchester saddle holster for that Cub Cadet!

6 chambers makes sense, never could figure why they started going to 5 and 7 like the 686 Plus. Like fooling with mother nature.
    The 5 holers I guess make some sense for size but a 7 shooter, did drive the price of the good 686's up I guess. Good if you already have a good 686 that is.
    I paid through the nose for a 686-5 (6-shot, pre-lock) but it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by 7shot View Post
    Need a Winchester saddle holster for that Cub Cadet!
    Shop is looking a whole lot better now than it did in that picture. I been thinking about hanging my Mares Leg right under the RZT L. Think it would fit perfect.

Maybe put a little cover over it to keep the dust and flying grass and such off it some.

I know my ankle holster is much more accessible with this than the tractor I had before. Loved the tractor but forget about an ankle gun.
    I have to swap over my air horns too, keep forgetting that.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It's a keeper!

Shop is looking a whole lot better now than it did in that picture. I been thinking about hanging my Mares Leg right under the RZT L. Think it would fit perfect.

Maybe put a little cover over it to keep the dust and flying grass and such off it some.

I know my ankle holster is much more accessible with this than the tractor I had before. Loved the tractor but forget about an ankle gun.
    I have to swap over my air horns too, keep forgetting that.
    How has that mower been treating you??????? I'm on the lookout for a new mower. I'm trying to stay on a cheap budget of under $1500. Wish they made the zero turns less than $1500!!!!!!! Looking for a tractor to keep costs down. Really liked the ease of changing oil and filters, etc. on the Cubs.

I love the thing. This is it's second season, sat through the winter and fired right up with nothing needed.

This is one of the smaller zero turns Cub makes. Cheaper and the big plus is it fits in the back of a pickup without even folding up the chute.

I'm kind of sick in that I actually enjoy mowing, I loved my Husqvarna tractor and tried to get another but they all require feet now days, hence I had to do the zero turn. A little more work to get on and off but once I'm in it's a blast.
    Actually glad I didn't get a bigger one, this way I get to make more laps.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan