Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of new additions recently

Hadn't seen those before. Looks kind of nice. I had one for awhile. Just a 22 but nothing to hang onto, couldn't hit the barn wall from inside.

I'd like to see one of those in person, I'd probably try it again. Fool me once don't cha know?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I had one of the old ones for years and concealed carried it until I got my license then switched to a SS TPH in .22LR... until I had problems with some rounds not firing, then I switched to the PM9 and larger ones, along with the P380, on my hip now.

I can testify that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but maybe from the inside I might have a chance. I swear that I could stand 10 feet, or closer, to a man-sized target and point that little thing at the middle of the target and miss. I might be hurt, though, the cylinder edge could slice my thumb!

Considering that I kept the derringer in a velcroed coin purse, that wasn't very "armed". My buddy carried one like that as well, and I always tried to get him to switch to center fire. The last time we went to a range and his .22 pocket pistols had a low successful firing rate, he finally agreed with me that the ammo became very iffy after being carried for a while!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

.22LR ammo is iffy even fresh from the factory, at least the stuff I've been shooting. That's enough reason for me not to rely on it for SD. But that little top break jewel does look like fun. I wish they made a "real" size gun like that.

The coin purse was a worse idea than pocket carry to me. My buddy always claimed that he would know when a "situation" was developing and he needed to start digging out the derringer! I tried to convince him otherwise. I carry at the 4:30 position IWB with un-tucked and oversized Tees or Polos and can sweep the shirt up and draw with one hand quickly.

That last range trip... a few months ago... was an eye-opener for him, though. A large percentage of his .22 ammo wouldn't fire and not all had been carried a long time. Center-fire ammo and frequent ammo rotation or replacement is very advisable.
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

It's heavy...
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I remember that radio show!

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Picked up my Ruger Charger and the Iver Johnson Break Top 22 today. Very pleased once again. Evidence photo's hopefully later this evening.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    That gun isn't just a prelock.
    It appears to be pinned and recessed.
    Along with being factory nickel that thing is worth some coin.
    Now you tell me. I gave one away to a relative in need a couple/three years ago.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Good week for Break Tops. Had a hankering for one forever and Greg will testify since I've been on the prowl.
    Just didn't want one bad enough to spend over a grand for an Uberti clone.
    We have an interim chief who I found was into old stuff like me. Toys, he's got a collection of Japanese helmets and just got a genuine Japanese battle flag.
    Anyhow I did some swapping, gave him a nice Arisaka with the bi pod, original sling, the mums not ground off, good shape and a Super Blackhawk 7 1/2 which I haven't shot in years and I still have a 10 1/2" so got that base covered.
    Anyhow I got these........

Nice!!
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Nice score on those Smiths, especially the ivory handled one.

Speaking of breaktops, I'm kinda jonesing for the new NAA Ranger II convertible. Yeah, it's a novelty, but the minis are like little jewels:

Being something of an NAA mini collector, I keep having to kick myself where it most hurts to keep from buying one. I liked the original Ranger...was sad when it didn't make it into production and I lost out. The Ranger II, as a breaktop, should be just as or even more functional.

I actually don't consider the "full size" birdshead minis a novelty. A 1 5/8 " .22 mag has been in my carry remuda for a long, long while. I refer to it as my Speedo carry gun. It's always been dead stone reliable and, unlike the Col and other barn challenged here, I'm good with it at close quarters offensive/defensive range. It does help I have small hands. And my 1 1/4 inchers don't, keyhole, fare as well.
    NRA Benefactor