Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of new additions recently

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    46.5 ounces empty

It's my new upper body workout device.

Regards,
    Greg
    I been drooling over those for awhile, pricey. But I'm slooowly convincing myself I need one. Per the specs, SA trigger is supposed to be 3-3.5 lbs, DA around 8 or so.
    NRA Benefactor

You guys with the CZ pics.......

Congratulations to you both! Been hankering for a Shadow 2 myself, but I've been able to resist so far....

The P10C is a little easier to resist, as I picked up a Glock 19 Gen 5 a while back. Not as nice as a P10C, but it does OK for me.

If I come across a Shadow 2 with a grey frame, I fear for my wallet. I can resist online, but in person....

I was trying to decide between the P-10c and a VP9 because they would work with the many existing mags I have. I got out of the Glock business with the trade of my g26 for the Rami (best trade I’ve ever made.) Only thing left is 1 G19 mag.

On the P10c, got to shoot 150 rounds today and POA is POI and the trigger is nice. It’s a keeper. Now to modify my other mags.......

I ended up with the P10c because it was a good deal and my many P-07 and P-09 Mags could be modified to work in the P-10c. I looked at the VP9 but from appearance it doesn’t seem to be the quality of my P30 and couldn’t see the upcharge in price from the P10c. Now I bet if I see a VP9 at a deep discount one may come home with me.

Not quite as nice as Deacons Bisley, the finish is slightly rough but the action is tight, I do mean tight.
    My acting chief fixed me up with another gem.
    I think and it's darn hard to tell but I think it's an artillery 1873, the same gun Teddy was totin up San Juan Hill. The only visible marking is a clear US on the frame which is a tell tale sign for those.
    A friend of his asked to have an expert look at it, I told him I didn't know no experts but it's for sure a wall hanger. I thought about soaking it in oil for a month or so and see if I could get anything to move but I don't think it'll ever happen.
    The loading gate and the tab on the ejector rod are completely rusted off. Deacons is bent so pretty much the same.

Photo's of my gem.

Stuck in half cock for eternity I reckon.

He said it went through a fire, grips burned off, then apparently nobody every touched it or oiled it or anything. She's toast.
    Still kind of cool.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yes, that is pretty cool. I'd blow out the cobwebs, knock off the loose rust, and shadowbox it.

If it becomes mine, that's probably exactly what I will do. Maybe a little plaque, rust is neglect or something.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If it becomes mine, that's probably exactly what I will do. Maybe a little plaque, rust is neglect or something.
    That is definitively an interesting piece Bawanna. If it's back story is only of mishap and neglect, perhaps you might consider something along this line:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28_V...8AF94AC0F4311A
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    That is definitively an interesting piece Bawanna. If it's back story is only of mishap and neglect, perhaps you might consider something along this line:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28_V...8AF94AC0F4311A
    Regards,
    Greg
    That was an interesting series of videos.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

"Rust never sleeps"

I wasn't looking for one of these, but I stopped in to a new LGS today and they had a used Browning Hi Power marked $399. I didn't ask to look at it up close, but I may go back to check it out. The price seems too good to be true.

That's very cool. If this ends up being mine, I may just give that a whirl. This thing is really rusted up tight but that 1911 was pretty bad off to start too.

I love how he beat the snot out of the magazine trying to get it to move. Funny it hasn't broke loose yet with the hammer being free and grip safety moving.

Seems like the mag would have more tolerance, but maybe more room for rust to build up?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan