Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of new additions recently

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    "Rust never sleeps"

I wasn't looking for one of these, but I stopped in to a new LGS today and they had a used Browning Hi Power marked $399. I didn't ask to look at it up close, but I may go back to check it out. The price seems too good to be true.
    That does sound to good to be true, any chance it was a clone (IE, a Hungarian PJK-9HP , an FM from Argentina, or one of the several others out there)?
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Not quite as nice as Deacons Bisley, the finish is slightly rough but the action is tight, I do mean tight.
    My acting chief fixed me up with another gem.
    I think and it's darn hard to tell but I think it's an artillery 1873, the same gun Teddy was totin up San Juan Hill. The only visible marking is a clear US on the frame which is a tell tale sign for those.
    A friend of his asked to have an expert look at it, I told him I didn't know no experts but it's for sure a wall hanger. I thought about soaking it in oil for a month or so and see if I could get anything to move but I don't think it'll ever happen.
    The loading gate and the tab on the ejector rod are completely rusted off. Deacons is bent so pretty much the same.

Photo's of my gem......

He said it went through a fire, grips burned off, then apparently nobody every touched it or oiled it or anything. She's toast.
    Still kind of cool.
    Gone through fire was my first thought as well. Looks like guns that were recovered from my BIL/cousin's and sister's house after it burned to the ground about three years ago. Soak it in brake cleaner and it should be fine. That there done worked well for my eyes.

Nice book shelf show piece....
    NRA Benefactor

A fella here suggest a product called Acid Magic. I guess they use it a lot in the Marine industries. It's like safe muriatic acid. Not much fumes, you can get it on your hands. Guess when they use tools in the salt water they of course rust right quick. Screw driver bits etc. They soak em in Acid Magic over night, oil them up and put them back in the tool box.

Don't know if it's potent enough to do much with this but absolutely nothing to lose. I might try the electrolysis deal too just for fun. I know it's never work again but would be nice to get some of the parts to move again.

Definitely a book shelf show piece. Not even mine yet, guy might want it back. If he don't want it, I won't throw it away.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks for the information, I hope I never need it!

I copied it to my email so I'll have it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If it becomes mine, that's probably exactly what I will do. Maybe a little plaque, rust is neglect or something.
    Hey, the guys at the Colt forum would love to see that SAA. With your permission, I could post your pics there.

What's the back story on it?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Hey, the guys at the Colt forum would love to see that SAA. With your permission, I could post your pics there.

What's the back story on it?
    Well the acting chiefs friend sent it with him for me to look at. It was apparently his grandfathers. It went through a fire at some point and apparently nothing has been done to it since. The chiefs a little vague on the back story, I don't think he really knows much about it.
    He into old stuff like me but he made the comment he would have just tossed it. I could never do that.
    The strange thing is as rusted as it is the US stamp is clear as a bell. That and 872 is all thats remotely readable on the whole gun.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I gotta quit looking at the internet. Kentucky Gun has a Century Arms Canik TP9SFX with a Vortex Dot sight for just a smidge over 600.
    One of the sergeants here has one and it's pretty sweet. I've not shot it but he says it's a real shooter
    20 round mags (probably need them being 9mm) and lots of options in the box.

What do I need it for ya know? Maybe it's time for an intervention.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Yeah, and I gotta stop visiting gun stores. I decided to pass on the BHP because I found a clearance sale on .38 sp ammo online. Bought 2,000 rounds for the price of the BHP.

If it's still there when I replenish my play money, I'll think about it.

Carry 38 ammo or practice? I gotta find some of that for the wife. Had to find anything around here that isn't +P.

I got lots of brass, guess I should load up some.

Did you find out if the BHP was really a BHP?

With my 4th job my play money adds up a bit faster, wife lets me keep 20 percent of everything I make on that job. But seems I spend it as fast as I make it and don't have much time to play neither. Something is wrong with this equation.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Heck, I walked into an Academy store here the other day and saw two boxes of Aguila .32 S&W Long (lead round nose, 98 grain) on the shelf. Bought one of them ($21/50) just to plink through my new .327 Federal SP101. Hard to believe what used to be common cheap ammo is now difficult to find and so expensive.
    Told my brother about the other box, so he went there the next day and saw 5 boxes on the shelf - he bought all 5. I don't like to hog all the scarce stuff though, prefer to leave some for the next guy.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling