Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member waiting on first Kahr

Howdy from Austin, Texas!

I was talking about...................." it's much better than the LCP that I used to have."

Oh that.

Just got got back from the range. First time out, I ran Horady critical defense and Fiocchi round nose. The Kahr LOVED the Hornady, no issues and it looked like smooth sailing. Then the Fiocchi. Several failures to extract in 100 rounds. Not once did the slide go into battery, in fact, I had to press the slide closed on every Fiocchi round.

Very happy with the Kahr and the Hornady ammo.

I carry Hornady ammo in my MK.......................................Fiocchi ammo is very dirty, I say that because I just ran a box of Remington 115 gr. through recently, and it looked like I hadn't even shot it. I had issues with the Fiocchi ammo, besides the dirty part. FTF'S, FTE'S.............not a lot, but it happened none the less. I have never had an issue with any other ammo, so far. I still believe that it's the length that causes issues. Small firearm, a tad extra length in the ammo, can't be all good.

As you peruse the site you'll find that several members have issues with Fiocchi in Kahr .380's. It seems the Fiocchi case rim is a little thicker than others and the extractor claw doesn't hook it exactly right. I've never shot any Fiocchi in my P380 but it loves PMC Bronze, Federal, Hornady Critical Defense, and Speer.

I've been reading some of the ammo posts. Haven't seen anything regarding Herter's yet. I have a box to run through that I can post on after I've fired it.