Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well phooey!

Default Well phooey!

Found out that my shoulder problem is due to arthritis & tendinitis, aggravated when I wrenched it while stumbling up the stadium stairs a month ago. Going to the orthopedic doc tomorrow to see what he can do. I can't even hold my little CT380 out straight - much less shoot it. I'd probably drop my full size SR45 like a Frenchman. Guess I may have to learn to shoot left-handed. Crap, am a terrible enough shot as it is.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

See the doc and do what you are told. Try working out slowlyyyy and strengthening your shoulder on a regular basis. You are in Round Rock and I'm in Austin, there are plenty of places to go and no excuse not to.

Take care and get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Found out that my shoulder problem is due to arthritis & tendinitis, aggravated when I wrenched it while stumbling up the stadium stairs a month ago. Going to the orthopedic doc tomorrow to see what he can do. I can't even hold my little CT380 out straight - much less shoot it. I'd probably drop my full size SR45 like a Frenchman. Guess I may have to learn to shoot left-handed. Crap, am a terrible enough shot as it is.
    Sorry to hear that. Bad as it is if you get really proficient shooting with your left hand you'll be unstoppable .
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Well, all the same if bystanders beware.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I feel your pain buddy. Both of my shoulders are circling the drain, at least the left one is the worst. Still mobile and able to use them, just getting more and more painful. Kind of a notch or something on the left side, kind of clicks, I know if I could just get in there with a rasp and some emery cloth I could take care of the clicking part.
    They told me 20 years ago the time would come, guess its one of the fringe benefits of wheels for transportation.
    Guess if one side goes I'll be going in circles a lot, kind of like rowing a boat with one oar. Systems normal........

Make em fix you, do the therapy, get better. Learn to shoot with your feet (I've seen it done) if you have to.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Get a shot of cortisone in the joint and you'll be good until it heals or a year, whichever comes first. I've had a few in each shoulder over 20 years. In the first the surgical techniques weren't there and now why bother.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I am 71 and five years ago I had both shoulders operated on. One in May and the second in November. For me, no big deal. I did, and still do, my PT, and within one year was back to handgun and even bought a bow which I keep relatively light at 56# and draw and letdown or shoot at least 60 times every other day.
    Get the evaluation and follow the doctors advice. My surgeon told me most tears come from falls. Sudden shock to the cuff is not a good thing.

Good luck, but it is not the end of this story for you.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Hey Armybrat, sorry to hear about your shoulder, but like everyone else says, follow the Doc's advise and work your butt off doing rehab.

I shot right handed all my life but had to switch to the left (bad arthritis in the right hand) in the fall of 2011, and believe it or not I think I'm better left handed (after lots of dedicated work) than I was right. I thought I was done shooting and I couldn't believe it, so I worked for months dry firing until the gun didn't feel foreign in my left hand. It worked for me….don't give up!
    I still fire one mag. right handed during 80% of my range trips…..we all need to maintain some skill with both hands.

Left handed? You didn't list that on the cyber bride resume? Actually technically your still right handed or at least that's the hand you identify as so we're probably ok. My real at home bride is a born left hander. They say 6 % of folks are left handed and I think I know them all.
    No shame in it really. I try not to give them a hard time or anything. I mean Jocko's a lefty and the sheep still love him or act like they do anyhow.

I have to go lie down for a little bit, this is big news.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Actually I do most things right handed but arthritis (old athletic injury, and I didn't play football….) has FORCED me to become a little ambidextrous.

I may be able to shoot with either hand, but I don't go both ways!

Many Presidents are lefties…..I bet your home bride would make a much better one than those we have to choose from these days…….After all she helped raise a Marine!