CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: Electoral College petition

Default Electoral College petition

Saw on the news that there are 3 million signatures by sore losers, that want state's electors to vote for Hillary instead of Donald on December 19th, when the President of the United States of America is actually elected.

The petitioners suggest that:
    Popular vote, by not quite a half million people in favor of Hillary, matters more than the Constitution. When have the Dems in recent years regarded the Constitution as something meaningful?

The "old system" is just that. Its old. It was based on stuff that no longer exists. Old stuff, like the Constitution?

Each state gets at minimum, three electors, one elector per each Senator, and one elector per each Congressional Representative. What the framers of the Constitution foresaw, was populous states and those that remained low in population. The electoral system was part of the multi threaded, multi tiered "checks and balances" that we learned about when they still taught that in public school.

In only five instances, have popular votes exceeded electoral votes. Not too bad. Remarkably, in all five instances... it was Republicans who where short on popular vote, but took the then current majority of electoral votes.

I've always been skeptical of the electoral college until it was clarified to me as this: The EC prevents a handfull of densely populated areas from deciding the outcome for the entire country. Simple.
    ​O|||||||O

Never liked the system.................Commiefornia, and New Bloomyork getting all of those votes???????????

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    The EC prevents a handfull of densely populated areas from deciding the outcome for the entire country. Simple.
    Precisely. The Founding Fathers created the Electoral College to stop what they called the "tyranny of the majority". The USA is NOT a Democracy it is a Constitutional Republic and there are many differences between the two.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I remember when our current Potus said " We won, get over it". Now, the libs don't get their way, and they burn, pillage, and start petitions. I thought that you had to be an adult to vote. Conservative's sit back and wait until it's their turn. Liberal's are like whiney children and need to be slapped up side the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    The USA is NOT a Democracy it is a Constitutional Republic and there are many differences between the two.
    This right here.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    I've always been skeptical of the electoral college until it was clarified to me as this: The EC prevents a handfull of densely populated areas from deciding the outcome for the entire country. Simple.
    And this time around, if one looks a red/blue US map, quite and properly effective.
    NRA Benefactor