Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's with the PM45..????

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Brass to face?
    I had that once, a bit too much liquor will do it!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

The PM45 and CM45 sometimes, when the rounds are less than stout, the grip less than fully manly, and the recoil spring yet unlimbered, will smack the shooter in the noggin with an empty.

THIS GOES AWAY WHEN THE SPRING HAS LIMBERED UP A BIT

I can attest to that, with both my PM45's . It goes away, but is an annoying featue.... to let you know the gun's good and broken in!

Only time I get brass to face is when I get a little sloppy with my grip. I guess sloppy with my grip is more manly that limp wristing.

Seriously, never gets me otherwise.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

kahr contacted me last week and said they were going to send a replacement gun for the one i sent back for repairs. no reason was given.

I bought my PM45 used, LNIB. I had to polish the feed ramp twice over a year's time. FTE after 3 rounds the first time out. Both 5 round mags. It worked flawlessly for almost a year then a few random FTEs. I now keep it clean and the feed ramp polished and no more issues. It handles as well as my Ruger P345 or a Glock 30 and conceals much easier.
    Sent from the ethers by magic.
    Archeologists have discovered that ancient people loved to drink from broken cups.

Had mine out for the first time the other day. I stripped it, cleaned and lubed prior to the first trip. 100 rounds of Freedom arms new 230gr. 2 failures to fully close on the chamber. I just gave them a nudge and they were ok. Second time out was fine until I got to about round 150. Started to have failure to feeds. Broke it down and wiped the barrel and feed ramp and anything else and it seemed to help though there was the occasional failure to feed. Probably a combination of underpowered ammo and gunk. The case OD of on that just would not feed was right at the limit of the spec dim for OD at the bullet end. Length seemed OK. After all that I put about 50 rounds of Winchester Ranger and FEderal Hst 230 gr hp. No issues whatsoever. Those cases measured on the lower end of the OD tolerance and the overall length was shorter due to the hollow point. I will take no issues with defensive ammo. I will be back out with the Freedom Munitions stuff again for another try after cleaning and give a report. Sure wish my Talon Grips would get here soon. Got to tape my wedding ring since the recoil was causing it to rip the skin on my other hand. I really like it and hope it proves to get more reliable. My pm9 and p380 shoot anything without issue and when the PM 45 gets there I will carry with confidence.

My CM45 will occasionally put a empty towards my head and drop inside my shirt. Hate it sometime but the thing is crazy accurate! I didhad to take a slight materialoff barrel hood in order to eject a live round when unloading.

Second report. 150 rounds and only one failure to close the chamber completely. Again just a thumb push put it in place. I noticed a couple of burrs at the bottom of the feed ramp so I buffed them off so maybe that helped. Anyway, I can now say I have complete confidence in the gun. Ran like a champ with the same ammo that was giving it some problems as it got dirty, but no issues today. PS only 2 casings to the head out of 150! I had quite a few more the last time.

Update since last post: I put 140 rounds through mine last Tuesday and never a hiccup. A firm grip with push/pull on the hold creates a quick return to target. The size of the PM45 can be an issue during target shooting but that's not what it's for.
    Sent from the ethers by magic.
    Archeologists have discovered that ancient people loved to drink from broken cups.

I've had both a PM45 and CM45 and neither has had any problems with the exception that the PM managed to get itself stolen. I'm not really blaming the pistol for that though. My current CM45 is my go to carry when I can cover a holster.