Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: .45acp 165gr +p Powe'r Ball

Cool .45acp 165gr +p Powe'r Ball

Just got a dozen boxes of this stuff to try out for carry/hunting purposes. Will update with chrono results.... definitely shooting HOTTER than the estimated 1225fps on the box. Shoot great after I had 2mags thru it. Unfortunately I think its too much of a hammer to shoot thru my inbound CW45 or 3in Ultra raptor. (not recoil sensitive at all, I shoot 45super and had a 329pd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5TgL9v_W4c

Do they sell it in .40 cal????????????????????????? Looks VERY hot........................

Feeds just as well as hardball. Until recently, one of the very few that would expand and not over penetrate in the short barrel .45's.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Do they sell it in .40 cal????????????????????????? Looks VERY hot........................
    I also have some ATOMIC laying around which is 100% full on 45super, Not safe to shoot in poly or aluminum frame guns as per my own observations even with enhanced recoil springs and a shock buffer. If ATOMIC is still in business they make a ++P 40cal that is right up there with the "normal" (not hot but absolutely more than the cheap crappy weak) 10mm ammo.

Best bet is to bite the bullet and get a full reloading setup, pick your IDEAL projectile and then tune the load for the power factor you want for each weapon system you have.