Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Use any, or most any ammo

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ ditto. But CT380 for me.
    Well check this out.

http://grabagun.com/kahr-arms-ct380-...en-poly-3.html
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Just wanted to comment on this "fix" as it pertains to my CW40. I commented in a different post that it wouldn't feed Fiocchi. I shaped the extractor a little like he illustrated in the video, but I didn't have any ammo to do a test with. Took it to the range a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't find any Fiocchi so I bought a box of Herters instead. Had the same issue of not feeding, even after my slight extractor modification. Like he said in the video, take a little off at a time. Apparently I didn't take enough off, but I continued my range session with WWB and Blaser Brass which always feeds reliably, so the time was not lost. Today I had a little time so I worked on the extractor a bit more. The first (well second, but first attempt today) I didn't remove enough material, and still had failures to feed. But the second attempt was joy. Fed a whole magazine by hand by slingshotting it, so I am extremely pleased with it. I used a small jeweler's file and then polished the extractor with the medium and fine stones from my Spyderco Sharpmaker.

It wasn't difficult, just took a little time. Hardest part was getting the back plate on the slide off. But his instructions work great and made it relatively painless. Hope this helps someone else.

Honestly, my MK40 Elite took 400 rounds to run right.
    The first 200 almost brought me to tears.
    The next 100 started to get better.
    The last 100 just a few problems.
    After that?
    It will eat ANYTHING with 100% reliability.
    135, 155, 165 & 180 gr.
    Cor-Bon, Winchester, Speer & Federal.
    ANYTHING

I know this is a Kahr forum.
    But .380 is notorious for giving guns fits.
    My Ruger LCP ran much like my MK40 initially.
    But I used the same "shoot the crap out of it till it runs better" technique.
    First 200 "cry like a baby"
    Next 100 better.
    Last 100 just a few issues.
    Then 200 Hornady XTP Custom JHPs in a row (100% reliable and deadly accurate).

So much like in the immortal words of Jocko "Shoot it like you stole it"